Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: After a long needed hibernation

Technician
    Nice quote, thanks for that dude

I got screenshots from support showing where they were measuring vDDR from, however they didnt show which ground point to use. This would indicate they were either using the psu ground or an external ground. When I measured using the memory plane ground I saw +16mv compared to using one of the 24 pin grounds. In my case bios set 1.35v, reported 1.404v idle, sampled 1.399v idle memory plane ground and 1.382/1.384v idle 24pin ground. I have raised this point in my reply to them.

There is no readout for vTT and support have given me nowhere to check it in hardware yet. It is possible that vTT is undervolting and vDDR is overvolting and this could be magnifying the issue. I need to check this next, but will have to ask support for the read point and ground.

Derailing chews thread a bit here, old habits die hard lol. Sorry man

Xtreme Member
    Good to see you around posting Chew

RAIDer
    Any news about Asrock Taichi ABBA beta bios?

MSI have ABBA betabios out: https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=323855.0

I'm using x570 Taichi with 3900x.

Assistant Administrator systemviper's Avatar
    wow this is going to take a while to read, got to go find a park bench and enjoy the good weather.

great info
    HWbot - Team: XtremeSystems
    XS cruncher - Team: XtremeSystems
    OCN Feedback
    HEAT

*** Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience - Mark Twain

Brilliant Idiot
    ive been busy and waiting for some memory [ gskill royal 3600? ] im supposed to tune the platform on but since new agesas keep popping out downtime does not matter till agesa updates settle down since you need to toss all settings most of the time and start all over from scratch. My sticks are somewhat flaky/tempermental from ln2 abuse on ryzen not to mention something more current and available fits the criteria for user loadable OC profiles.

As far as the product goes and what me and another were or are working on the expectations were a tad high.

Extreme ocing results on ln2 [ not me ] while wow factor are pointless since rtc bug and no win 7 drivers thus making the results oh that's cool now toss because they don't count.

Expectations of 4.3 to 4.5 on a stock cooler or aio and guides on how to [ me ] are also a tad far fetched goal I was given.

Yes it can do it, can it survive full blown stress tests while staying in optimal thermal ranges? No. My criteria is strict and I wont sign off on something nor supply settings that are a recipe for disaster.

Other than the unrealistic expectations myself and another were given I really have no complaints about the actual product.

It's not much of an overclocker in the sense of shear frequency but it can be tuned quite a bit to gain more cpc performance over stock.

Since gains can be had while leaving cpu at a stock cpu speed I will just focus on settings that enhance the platforms total performance.
    Last edited by chew*; 09-23-2019 at 02:04 PM.
    heatware chew*
    I've got no strings to hold me down.
    To make me fret, or make me frown.
    I had strings but now I'm free.
    There are no strings on me

Brilliant Idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by PiLsY View Post
    Nice quote, thanks for that dude

I got screenshots from support showing where they were measuring vDDR from, however they didnt show which ground point to use. This would indicate they were either using the psu ground or an external ground. When I measured using the memory plane ground I saw +16mv compared to using one of the 24 pin grounds. In my case bios set 1.35v, reported 1.404v idle, sampled 1.399v idle memory plane ground and 1.382/1.384v idle 24pin ground. I have raised this point in my reply to them.

There is no readout for vTT and support have given me nowhere to check it in hardware yet. It is possible that vTT is undervolting and vDDR is overvolting and this could be magnifying the issue. I need to check this next, but will have to ask support for the read point and ground.

Derailing chews thread a bit here, old habits die hard lol. Sorry man
    If its anything like ryzen 1 you can also pull vddr and vtt from socket since IMC although I would refrain from taking vddr at socket as an actual voltage. ground planes should be used from the source voltage your measuring so at mem slots and for cpu at socket and i'd measure under dim slots to see what voltage your sticks are seeing as well as measure voltage under socket to see what voltage your cpu is seeing. measuring vrm can be misleading especially in cases where a particular board has excessive vdroop.

Oh and be wary of using profiles at least on asrock. I had to hard clear cmos because loading defaults after loading a manual oc profile were still keeping my manual cpu oc's and really ticking off the system. I flashed a new bios in so hoping its fixed as the asrock was getting increasingly annoying to use with that going on.
    Last edited by chew*; 09-23-2019 at 01:56 PM.
    heatware chew*

Brilliant Idiot
    shotgun approach abba bios. seems things are improving.

Attached Images Attached Images
    heatware chew*

Brilliant Idiot
    Here is what I have to say about the 5700 cards after using one for a month in apex. What I aim at is what I hit, in my case heads. No leading no predicting needed.

Won't make you a god shot....but if you can aim and keep in mind I still trackball it up....1.9%hs per kill is a nice stat to have.

P.S. that is not sniping, its all face rage.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by chew*; 10-08-2019 at 03:01 PM.
    heatware chew*

Xtreme Cruncher
    Any of you have an idea what a 3900X and either a X470 CH7 or Taichi would be capable of with 4x16GB for 24/7 use? Is 3200C14 even a possibility with b-die on these boards with 4x16GB?
    Home PC -- 24/7 Cruncher #1
    GA-P67A-UD4-B3 BIOS F8 mod, 2600k (L051B138) @ 4.5 GHz, 1.260v full load, Arctic Liquid 120, (Boots Win7 @ 5.6 GHz per Massman binning)
    Samsung Green 2x4GB @2133 C10, 2x MSI 1660ti, Vertex 4 128GB, 2x3TB WD Red RAID1, BR Burner, Win7 Ult x64, Enthoo Pro, HX750

Work PC -- 24/7 Cruncher #2 ... Crucial M225 64GB SSD Donated to Endurance Testing (Died at 968 TB of writes...no that is not a typo!)
    GA-EP45T-UD3LR BIOS F10 modded, Q6600 G0 VID 1.212 (L731B536), 3.6 GHz 9x400 @ 1.312v full load, Zerotherm Zen FZ120
    OCZ 2x2GB DDR3-1600MHz C7, Gigabyte 7950 @1200/1250, Crucial MX100 128GB, 2x1TB WD Red RAID1, Win7 Ent x64, Centurion 590, XFX PRO650W

Music System
    SB Server->SB Touch w/Android Tablet as a remote->S/PDIF->Denon AVR-X3300W->JBL Studio Series Floorstanding Speakers

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345