Thread: Need mother board help!!

Question Need mother board help!!

Hi, guys, I am having an issue with my system and could use some help. Here is my issue when I have all 4 sticks of ram in the system will not boot, no beeps just power up fans but no montior signal. So then I took all 4 sticks of ram off theMB I get beeps then I put 1 stick in slot number 1 I get beep boots to bios mind you I have not installed an HD CD drives I try all 4 sticks of ram in slot 1 and all 4 boots up. when I put 2 sticks of ram in slots 1 and 2 the system boots up. I then put 3 sticks of ram and I get no boots I try each stick in slot 3 I try each stick slots 4 no boot. I also try slots 1 and 3 for dual boot and no boot. I switch PSU that I know is working and had all 4 slots filled with ram and no boots. I also notice that when I do boot having ram in slot 1 and 2 and I power the system up the PSU starts then turn off for a sec then starts and I get to boot up. I think the MB is bad anyone thinks I am right or what else should I do?

ASUS Z87-K LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9
    Intel Core i5-4670K Haswell Quad-Core 3.4 GHz LGA 1150 84W BX80646I54670K Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics

Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W 80+ Platinum ATX12V & EPS12V Full Modular 120mm FDB Fan 10 Years Warranty Compact 140 mm Size Power Supply

Bent pins in the socket disrupting memory controller.

Try slot 1 and 3 or 2 and 4, download cupid.com and go into memory tab and check memory size and number of channels.
    Intel 9990XE @ 5.1Ghz
    ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Omega
    GTX 2080 ti Galax Hall of Fame
    64GB Galax Hall of Fame
    Intel Optane
    Platimax 1245W

Intel 3175X
    Asus Dominus Extreme
    GRX 1080ti Galax Hall of Fame
    96GB Patriot Steel
    Intel Optane 900P RAID

Xtreme Enthusiast
    The post is very confusing but I think it has to do with how your motherboard detects ram sub timings.

When my motherboard boots for the first time after having no power (PSU disconnected), at initial boot it shuts off almost immediately then reboots. After, it boots just fine as long as you don't cut the power to the PSU. I believe this is normal; the motherboard is testing optimal sub timmings for your ram.

I've had another motherboard with what I believe I had a similar problem you are describing. I had two ram kits with this board which both had different "issues".
    -One kit I could boot with two sticks and after intial post, I could shut it off and install the rest of the 4 dimms. I had to do this for everytime PSU was disconnected.
    -The other kit of memory, same motherboard, I could only boot with one stick, then shut off and install the rest of the 4 dimms.
    -I was never able to post with just three sticks of ram on that board either kit.

I believe this is due to how the motherboard detects optimal sub timmings of your ram and can be dependant on how compatible your ram is with your motherboard.

I've always found that it is optimal to boot on one stick of ram and set the stock ram specs manually before installing the rest of the ram.
    Intel 8700k
    16GB
    Asus z370 Prime
    1080 Ti
    x2 Samsung 850Evo 500GB
    x 1 500 Samsung 860Evo NVME

Swiftech Apogee XL2
    Swiftech MCP35X x2
    Full Cover GPU blocks
    360 x1, 280 x1, 240 x1, 120 x1 Radiators