Thread: [news] NVIDIA Confirms Issues Affecting Early Production GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Graphics

Xtreme Enthusiast

[news] NVIDIA Confirms Issues Affecting Early Production GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Graphics

Quote Originally Posted by TechPowerUp | Posted: 15 November 2018
    NVIDIA, via a blog post on its forums, has confirmed widespread reports of failures affecting their flagship RTX 2080 Ti graphics card. The issues, which resulted in "crashes, black screens, blue screen of death issues, artifacts and cards that fail to work entirely," started cropping up throughout tech forums, before reaching a critical mass that warranted coverage - just in case this was exactly what it seemed, ie, a production issue.

It seems this was just so, and that the problem was luckily limited to some early manufacturing issues or QA controls. As NVIDIA themselves put it, "Limited test escapes from early boards caused the issues some customers have experienced with RTX 2080 Ti Founders Edition." The company then says that they stand ready to help customers who are experiencing problems - but nothing else was to be expected, really.

Source: Nvidia, TechPowerUp
    i5 2500K @ 4.9GHz MSI Z77 MPower G.Skill Trident 8GB 2400C10
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8GB @ 1784/4004MHz Corsair HX 750 PSU
    Samsung 830 256GB Creative ZxR Thermalright Silver Arrow
    NEC 24WMGX3 24" TFT Fractal Design Define S Win 7/10 64bit

I'd just like to see the massive price gouging stop and for nvidia to put the product on the shelves.

Assistant Administrator systemviper's Avatar
    I think till better and cheaper ASIC cards hit the market, we won't get our graphic cards for the msrp's that they should be...

ASIC miners. ... Application specific integrated circuits, or ASICs, are chips that are designed with a singular purpose, ranging from audio processing to managing a cellphone call.
    As for the 2080 ti, I usually try to stay away from first gen cards. I think the early adopters and pre-orders were hurt the worse since thye talk about some early QA issues
    Last edited by systemviper; 11-16-2018 at 01:48 PM.
    HWbot - Team: XtremeSystems
    XS cruncher - Team: XtremeSystems
    OCN Feedback
    HEAT

*** Being kind is sometimes better then being right.