Thread: Test Bench?

Nerdy Powerlifter

Test Bench?

Is anyone running a test bench for their 24/7 rig or can at least recommend a good one?
    Primochill's wet bench seems to be the "nicest" bench, with lian li being a distant second. Any issues with either brand?
    You are OK.

Current Rig: i7 4790k @ stock (**** TIM!) , Zotac GTX 1080 WC'd 2214mhz core / 5528mhz Mem, Asus z-97 Deluxe

Heatware

Assistant Administrator systemviper's Avatar
    HI, i am definitely interested in getting a new test bench, i have seen some that are almost like a motherboard with long standoffs to mount your
    real motherboard but have a lot of room to get at any part of the board. When get home i will post some pics of them,.,,

Primochill's wet bench seems to be the "nicest" bench, with lian li being a distant second.
    I will also take a look at both of these and comment.
    HWbot - Team: XtremeSystems
    OCN Feedback
    HEAT

*** Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience - Mark Twain

I have a Dimas Bench table, sadly no longer made.
    Intel 7960X ES @ 4.4Ghz
    ASUS Rampage VI Extreme
    GTX 1080ti Galax Hall of Fame
    32GB Galax Hall of Fame
    Intel Optane
    Platimax 1350W
    Enermax 240 Liqtech AIO

Intel 8700K @ 5.2Ghz
    Asus Maximus X Apex
    GRX 1080ti Galax Hall of Fame
    16GB Galax Hall of Fame
    Intel Optane
    Platimax 1350W
    Enermax 240 Liqtech AIO

Nerdy Powerlifter
    Quote Originally Posted by systemviper View Post
    HI, i am definitely interested in getting a new test bench, i have seen some that are almost like a motherboard with long standoffs to mount your
    real motherboard but have a lot of room to get at any part of the board. When get home i will post some pics of them,.,,

I will also take a look at both of these and comment.
    Thanks!
    Lian Li makes 2 or 3 different models, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Wirth View Post
    I have a Dimas Bench table, sadly no longer made.
    I remember this bench! At the time, I didn't need one. I can source it if I want to go to the trouble, but I wonder if it's better than the Primochill.

This is actually for my next rig that sits in a closet with an air duct & return. Temps in there sit around 65f/18C. Should be interesting to see how well a loop works in conditions that cool. It'll be sitting on a shelf, so angling the board is actually a lot easier to deal with (at least I think so).
    You are OK.

Current Rig: i7 4790k @ stock (**** TIM!) , Zotac GTX 1080 WC'd 2214mhz core / 5528mhz Mem, Asus z-97 Deluxe

Heatware