I was just reading over on HWBOT and they have a little article..

It looks like the choice of the champs for Xtreme overclocking is the ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI GENE (wow it looks sweet)
I wouldn't have thought such a small board would be the top choice but it looks like it was designed for Xtreme Overclocking.

Intel Core i9 9900K launched, breaks 10 world records on day one
10/20/18

INTEL CORE I9 9900K LAUNCH
10 WORLD RECORDS, 11 GLOBAL FIRST PLACES, INTEL CORE FREQUENCY RECORD

Intel just took the veil off the performance figures for its latest Z390 platform and the forthcoming Intel Core i9 9900K processor, an 8-core/16-thread Coffee Lake architecture chip that so far has broken 10 World Records and 11 Global First Places in the 8 cores CPU category. The new Intel Z390 chipset has also broken the DDR4 memory frequency record, pushing it to 5566MHz.
And if you look they were done on the ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI GENE
wow!

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI GENE

WORLD RECORDS SMASHED
With its optimized layout, high-quality components, and ability to withstand the rigors of sub-zero operation with liquid-nitrogen (LN2) and helium (LHe), Maximus XI Gene has already smashed 10 world records and scored 11 global first-places in the 8-core CPU category. * World records and global first-place positions were verified on 19 Oct 2018, and are recorded at HWBOT.org.

I tried to find a price from a place that I would buy a motherboard from and it was very hard. Seems it was released international but the states I still didn't see one....

But the prices were hovering around $400+ if you can find one.
I used the Asus store locator and they only gave me stores in the UK and i found one in Germany.
So you know ebay has them for an average of $450 shipped.
and you wonder why overclocking is a rich mans sport now....

Enjoy
SV