Thread: DRAM Calculator for Ryzen by 1usmus: Memory Settings Made Easy

Xtreme Enthusiast

DRAM Calculator for Ryzen by 1usmus: Memory Settings Made Easy

Quote Originally Posted by TechPowerUp
    DRAM calculator for Ryzen helps with overclocking your memory on the AMD Ryzen platform.

It suggests memory timing sets optimized for your memory kit, for example B-die.

Using Ryzen DRAM calculator you can achieve higher memory overclocks with better stability.

Ryzen DRAM calculator is designed to work with all AMD Ryzen Zen architecture first and second generation processors.

Created by Ukrainian PC enthusiast and software developer 1usmus. This utility was formerly known as "Ryzen DRAM Calculator," which has since been voluntarily renamed by the author in the interest of avoiding any future trademark conflict with AMD, or giving users the impression that the software has been made by AMD. The change in name doesn't change the fact this could be your go-to app to figure out the best memory settings for your AMD Ryzen-powered machine.

PC enthusiasts usually only remember 4 or 5 DRAM timing settings besides DRAM clock and voltage, letting the motherboard BIOS figure out the rest of the stable values, which could often be looser than needed. DRAM Calculator for Ryzen figures out nearly every under-the-hood timing, voltage, clock-speed, and other setting needed to make the most out of your memory overclock. You can also make the app work out "safe," "stable," and "extreme" variations of its own calculations.

The tool simplifies the process of finding the right memory clock, timing, and voltage combination by adjusting other settings to match the setting you key in. For example, if you're looking for a memory clock of DDR4-3200 and CAS latency of 14T, the tool will put out "safe" and "stable" combinations of other timings and voltages. You can also make the app read Intel XMP and other fast SPD profiles from your modules, and translate them to Ryzen-friendly settings that run stable. In short, this is the app that clears that last bit of hesitation you had to embrace Ryzen.

DOWNLOAD: DRAM Calculator for Ryzen

Source: TechPowerUp
    i5 2500K @ 4.9GHz MSI Z77 MPower G.Skill Trident 8GB 2400C10
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8GB @ 1784/4004MHz Corsair HX 750 PSU
    Samsung 830 256GB Creative ZxR Thermalright Silver Arrow
    NEC 24WMGX3 24" TFT Fractal Design Define S Win 7/10 64bit

Xtreme Enthusiast
    DRAM Calculator for Ryzen v1.3.0 (July 28th, 2018)

Release notes:
    • Fast preset more optimized, I advise you to start with it
    • added initial support Hynix CFR (18nm), Micron E-die (16nm)
    • substantially reworked most of the presets (timings, procODT, RTT, voltages)
    • the "custom profile" now works a little differently, in most cases the XMP data is simply not compatible with Ryzen, so some timings
    • are calculated according to a special algorithm. My opinion, importing a profile in most cases will not be successful anyway, AMD and
    • Intel controllers have huge architectural differences and signal tolerances.
    • combined Samsung e-die / d-die (v1 profile d-die, v2 - e-die)
    • Extreme preset got a new life (I remind you that any memory requires additional cooling, if the memory heats above 52 degrees the
    • system loses stability. AMD I have notified.)
    • Overclocking potential DRAM is back for samsung b-die (for other chips, support will be added later)
    • the combination for procODT + RTT now has more accurate recommendations for frequencies, with a change in frequency, these parameters change
    • some items have been removed (for example, the recommendations have become smaller, DQS str + Data drive has been removed because most motherboards do not have these settings. These settings work only on ASUS CH6 / 7)
    • new AGESA brought some changes in the power supply (PMU) for SOC / DRAM, the difference between generations of processors I did not see, because the choice of processor generation was removed
    • appeared protection from stupid situations, when memory is not capable of working at the desired frequency, but the calculator gives suggestions
    • added Help tab with 4 button (Overclocking Statistics + Information support)
    • adaptation for older versions of Windows
    • small UI changes
    • TRFC2/4 now painted in gray color, that is, I do not recommend using them
    • bug fixing
    • in the folder with the program now there is a picture, it is a methodical tool to help you set up the system

Xtreme Enthusiast
    DRAM Calculator for Ryzen v1.3.1 (July 30th, 2018)

Release notes:
    • new extreme presets for samsung b-die
    • correction procODT+RTT_PARK for samsung b-die, all micron + correction RTT_NOM for all memory
    • new V2 profile (low quality chips) for samsung b-die
    • added support high frequency for 4 dimm samsung b-die
    • added support Hynix AFR/MFR in Overclocking potential DRAM
    • pop-up windows are added for some situations
    • main recomendation 20 20 20 20 for CAD_BUS is back
    • correction some timings in all samsung b-die presets
    • some correction in micron e-die preset
    • picture "b-die termination" in folder
    • geardown bug fix
    • minor bug fix

Xtreme Enthusiast
    DRAM Calculator for Ryzen v1.4.0 (October 11th, 2018)

Release notes:
    • Initial support Threadripper gen 1 and gen 2
    • Improved SOC voltage prediction for different processors and their generations
    • Additional window that will tell what minimum DRAM voltage is needed by the system
    • Additional windows that show a nanosecond delay for the current calculated profile. It will be especially useful for users who are reflashing SPD
    • Improved prediction procODT + RTT + CAD_BUS for some memory (the block has endured many changes)
    • Improved overclocking for Hynix CJR . Up to 3800 MHz inclusive. Big thanks @Reous for the help
    • A switch has been added to define system tasks, BGS / BGSalt recommendations depend on it. Turning off BGS allows you to increase gaming performance by up to 5%
    • The "Custom" profile will be based solely on the data that is placed in XMP. Its new name is "Debug". Mode designed from scratch, available for almost all chips (but still need some time for a more subtle configuration).I think this mode is needed for professionals who want to see all the changes relative to automatic overclocking or XMP profile. This will allow them to see some nuances that can not provide the profiles of "V1" and "V2".Also, this mode will be useful to owners of systems based on Intel processors.
    • Some changes in procODT + RTT for systems in which 4 RAM SR modules
    • Added support for Micron D-die
    • Changes in the code that will help speed up the development of the calculator (future versions)
    • Added some popup tips for key settings
    • New picture in folder Configuring Ryzen Systems v5
    • Other corrections/bug fixes

Xtreme Enthusiast
    DRAM Calculator for Ryzen v1.4.0.1 (October 12th, 2018)

https://www.techpowerup.com/download...am-calculator/

Release notes:
    • Fixed Gear Down bug
    • Some correction DRAM voltages for OEM
    • Some correction Soc voltages for frequencies that are below 3333 MHz
    • Program signature fixed