Thread: What's what in water cooling this day?

What's what in water cooling this day?

I've been running a Thermochill PA 120.3, Switftech pump (forget model), Tygon tubing, (recent upgrades of EKWB 1080 Ti full cover and EKWB EK-Supremacy EVO on a i7 2600k) for about 7 years now with the exception of course of the new blocks.

I pulled my loop apart about a month ago to swap out the GPU and CPU blocks for cleaning and well, it has been a while since I built the loop as well as my machine was feeling its age to a certain degree.

So yeah, I've been way out of the loop (pun intended) in quality, performance and affordability.

Can anyone point me in a direction to try to get caught up Rad performance, pumps, and the like? I know it's general, though I have no idea how much things have changed.

The tubing, rad and fittings have wear on them but no corrosion. I had been running PT Nuke, distilled water and for the most part copper/nickle plating (EK barbs/fittings).

Now though that I rebuilt the look I'm seeing what seems to be metal particles (when water is flowing, the res tornadoes and has a slight pearlescent appearence) I know that I'll have to tear it down completely and replace tubing and fittings at some point, though not sure if I should stick with the Thermochill or seek a replacement. It's been rock steady piece of equipement though I know it will eventually fail.

I'm holding out to upgrade to a 8th/9th gen CPU and newer board with DDR4 and in doing so then build a new loop.

So, thoughts? Advice? Do's/dont's?

Thank you for your time.

There are no upgrades on the rad or pump side. The new blocks might do better if you get a block made for the cpu die size you have (if you upgrade) but there are no upgrades performance wise. Fans might get you minor gains.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi