Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: It was a good run

Xtreme Addict
    Hmm.... Haven't posted in I don't know how long, but I do still check the forums out from time to time. A google search on the topic of water cooling brought me over today, and I was surprised I had to increase the post date range from two weeks to a year in order to show a decent number of threads. That's when i realized something was wrong.
    I would have thought with the closure of HardOCP and the forum issues at OCN, this place would have been hopping. It seems most forum based websites are doing the same. Probably due to the younger generations being stuck on stupid (Facebook) and other mindless platforms.
    It is good to seee so many familiar people popping up in this thread. Many of you definitely lived up to the sites name back in the day. I can definitely say I learned more about computers, cooling, and overclocking from this site than all the others i frequent combined.

... lets see how old and outdated my sig is

/edit

Well that quote definitely is timeless. And just as important today as it was when it was put to pen and paper.

"If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no resource left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government"
    -- Alexander Hamilton

Xtreme Addict
    Looks like it's getting even worse in this respect.
    Last post in this section, the most active section, was from a month ago :\ .

Quote Originally Posted by NEOAethyr View Post
    Looks like it's getting even worse in this respect.
    Last post in this section, the most active section, was from a month ago :\ .
    I check in regularly. It seems that low traffic is an issue on all of the "hardcore" sites compared to years past. You can press a button and have your system overclocked now. You don't need to invest time and energy in the learning with the trial and error of years past. You have the turbo frequency adjustment automatically done by the system. Years ago, the desire for this performance would have brought someone to the overclocking forums. AIO water cooling allows the average user to get the scraps that might be beyond that. Chips today don't leave the headroom on the table like they used to. My personal goal with overclocking was to simply maximize the frequency I could get from my CPU and Memory. I always bought the best I could anyway and then just maximized it. I would still love to see high end systems taken to their absolute highest stable performance levels.

Xtreme Member
    Still around too, visiting every month or so

Xtreme Member
    Wow, I get around to ordering a PC and get back in the game....this place is what?????

I wanted to order a phase from LD Cooling but I'm not even sure if that company is alive. I figured this place of all places would know.
    Ryba's Ver 4 DryIce/LN2 pot"
    Cryo-Z Phase-R-507A
    AMD 955
    GD70FX
    Crucial2GB kit (1GBx2),DDR3 PC3-16000(2Ghz)
    2 x 4890 MSi OC Cards
    Maze5, Maze4, 120 Black Ice EX, one 240 Black Ice EX
    Fixed speed pump powered by a 17v meanwell

Quote Originally Posted by DaMulta View Post
    Wow, I get around to ordering a PC and get back in the game....this place is what?????

I wanted to order a phase from LD Cooling but I'm not even sure if that company is alive. I figured this place of all places would know.
    LD Cooling is still around. A few years ago I bought the cooler and case combo for the U.S. and was disappointed he never sent the extra socket kit I ordered. I have been looking for a U.S. builder since and haven't found one. I have been close to ordering U.S. voltage cooler unit only from him but the exchange rate from U.S. to Euros is holding it back. Would be nice if he compensated on the price to accommodate that. I wish there was still an active U.S. builder.

I would love to see you go through your build as a post. I have some high end parts waiting for my phase change decision. Though I will probably only overclock four to five cores I would want to go through the entire process here including a more old school stability testing. What motherboard and processor are you going to work with?
    Last edited by uRnOdAiSy; 09-28-2019 at 10:41 AM. Reason: grammar

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by uRnOdAiSy View Post
    LD Cooling is still around. A few years ago I bought the cooler and case combo for the U.S. and was disappointed he never sent the extra socket kit I ordered. I have been looking for a U.S. builder since and haven't found one. I have been close to ordering U.S. voltage cooler unit only from him but the exchange rate from U.S. to Euros is holding it back. Would be nice if he compensated on the price to accommodate that. I wish there was still an active U.S. builder.

I would love to see you go through your build as a post. I have some high end parts waiting for my phase change decision. Though I will probably only overclock four to five cores I would want to go through the entire process here including a more old school stability testing. What motherboard and processor are you going to work with?

I'm nervous about ordering anything from him. He doesnt answer emails site messages or Facebook. Like I'm about to drop over a thousand at your site....

About to order something small see if it ships. But if anything went wrong with the phase I ordered like doa at my door step. Am I just SOL I have no way of talkin to him.....does he answer emails once a week?

I'm still up in the air of what I'm going to cool with the phase. Maybe an i9 or i7. I've even been looking at what wattage say a 1080 would run. It's been a long time I'm mad at myself for selling my old phase. This build will run into 2020 slowly. I just want the phase/cass to start with.
    Last edited by DaMulta; 10-01-2019 at 09:33 AM.
    Cryo-Z Phase-R-507A
    AMD 955
    GD70FX
    2 x 4890 MSi OC Cards

Xtreme Member
    Ordered a screw driver see if it ships.......
    Cryo-Z Phase-R-507A
    AMD 955
    GD70FX
    2 x 4890 MSi OC Cards

I'm nervous about ordering anything from him. He doesnt answer emails site messages or Facebook. Like I'm about to drop over a thousand at your site....

About to order something small see if it ships. But if anything went wrong with the phase I ordered like doa at my door step. Am I just SOL I have no way of talkin to him.....does he answer emails once a week?

I'm still up in the air of what I'm going to cool with the phase. Maybe an i9 or i7. I've even been looking at what wattage say a 1080 would run. It's been a long time I'm mad at myself for selling my old phase. This build will run into 2020 slowly. I just want the phase/cass to start with.
    Unfortunately, a screw driver is just that. He was very poor with his follow up. His site said "in stock and dispatches in 24 hours" Here is an email I sent EIGHT DAYS after the payment was processed:

"I am following up on my purchase of the Black LD PC-V10 115V USA market phase change with case with one other item (order #xxxxxx). It shows on the page it is in stock and dispatched in 24 hours, it is now 5 business days from the receipt of payment. I sent a message yesterday and no one has responded and I am hoping that you will help me and give me a tracking number or other information."

He was slow to answer my email. When it did finally arrive, he did not include the $99 socket kit. Frankly, I was relieved to get my product from him. If the guy didn't want to return my emails for $1400, what could I expect for my correspondence for a $99 kit. The system also made the "pop corn" gurgling noise from day one. One of the more experienced may correct me, but I thought that was an indicator of an improperly gassed system or one that is failing. I would prefer to avoid him. Please keep me informed about your order and/or future order. Were you planning on ordering the case/cooler combo or just the cooler?

Xtreme Member
    Case/cooler yes his no answering emails bugs the crap out of me. If it is doa I guess that is all it is. I think PayPal has a 45 day protection just dont know if that really covers EU. How long did it take to get your order from him? Plus how long ago was this ?

Did he not say anything about the 100 dollar kit?

I wish someone in the states was making these. Or still sellings his phase case.
    Cryo-Z Phase-R-507A
    AMD 955
    GD70FX
    2 x 4890 MSi OC Cards

Case/cooler yes his no answering emails bugs the crap out of me. If it is doa I guess that is all it is. I think PayPal has a 45 day protection just dont know if that really covers EU. How long did it take to get your order from him? Plus how long ago was this ?

Did he not say anything about the 100 dollar kit?

I wish someone in the states was making these. Or still sellings his phase case.
    No, I didn't bother about that as the business experience was already that poor. It was about two weeks to shipping and I never received any tracking information. I ordered in 2016. The problem with all the used stuff is not knowing if it is nearing "end of life". I bought a used cooler made by Sdumper, one of this sites notable builders, and it took a dump on me within a year with only periodic use. I never run a phase system longer than stress testing the overclock and then gaming. Never 24 use. Then there is the unit for sale that is already on its second owner - no thanks!

Xtreme Member
    I drop in when I can, and tired of "social media"

Brilliant Idiot
    I was posting on overclock.net but got tired of trolls. Honestly they are everywhere so I keep a very low profile now.

Auto overclocking, cpu's that OC to nearly they're max potential on there own have a lot to do with it. In the end we paved the way for this but like with anything the human is being replaced by a machine. We can't overclock on the fly and the cpu can do it itself variably. When that happened it killed the need for most old school gurus.
    heatware chew*
    I've got no strings to hold me down.
    To make me fret, or make me frown.
    I had strings but now I'm free.
    There are no strings on me

I will keep the lights on for as long as possible and no end in sight.

XS still gets decent traffic and registration is still closed.

Maybe open in 2020 if I pick up a person or two to help with spammers.
    Intel 9990XE @ 5.1Ghz
    ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Omega
    GTX 2080 ti Galax Hall of Fame
    64GB Galax Hall of Fame
    Intel Optane
    Platimax 1245W

Intel 3175X
    Asus Dominus Extreme
    GRX 1080ti Galax Hall of Fame
    96GB Patriot Steel
    Intel Optane 900P RAID

Xtreme Member
    What's the legendary Fugger up to these days? Is the cascade still alive? Red team is on fire. Maybe time to bring it back.
    Asus P4C800ED P-M 730@2.8 7700Cu
    2X1GB OCZ - ATI X800XT AIW - OCZ PS 520W

I was following up to find out how all that went. Did the screw driver come? Did you place a larger order and how was your experience?

I am Xtreme
    I still enjoy coming here.

Wish there was a place that could replace it. Can't find any community like this one.

Xtreme Cruncher
    I think all the overclocking forums are pretty much dead...

Nox, Yes my cascades are still alive and used this past week for several world record runs.

https://hwbot.org/submission/4309411...ks_12059_marks

It is not common for SS to sound like popcorn popping my guess that when this happens it is due to improperly vacuumed system and failed to remove all air from the system.
    Intel 9990XE @ 5.1Ghz
    ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Omega
    GTX 2080 ti Galax Hall of Fame
    64GB Galax Hall of Fame
    Intel Optane
    Platimax 1245W

Intel 3175X
    Asus Dominus Extreme
    GRX 1080ti Galax Hall of Fame
    96GB Patriot Steel
    Intel Optane 900P RAID

Was thinking of a new PC build. Have a cart all setup in NewEgg. Thought I'd get a brush up on the Xtreme forums on whats the latest and greatest from the best performing systems out there. Always have appreciated all the great information and sharing here...
    Motherboard:ASUS P5K - Wi/Fi Deluxe
    Processor: Intel Core2Duo E6600 (L702C582) - 3150MHz, 1.41v
    Bios Revision: 0603
    Memory: G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) F2-6400PHU2-2GBHZ (In Yellow Slots)
    PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower 700w
    Cooling: Tuniq T120 Tower CPU, 80mm Fan on NB
    Case: Antec P160W Anodized Aluminum Super Mid Tower
    Audio: Creative SB X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Professional
    Video: BFG GeForce 8800GTS 640MB

Xtreme Addict
    Happy New Year Everyone

Xs will be twenty pretty soon

Quote Originally Posted by Hell Hound View Post
    Happy New Year Everyone

Xs will be twenty pretty soon
    Very close indeed!

Xtreme Cruncher
    Happy New Year everyone!
    Team XS: xs4s.org

Xtreme X.I.P.
    I must admit that i have not be on XS for a while due to life and other circumstances. But im getting back into it a little again, and will be on XS more I cant even remember a life before XS forums
    The whole world's hip and thats not cool !

Rip Van Hippy

Doesn't expecting the unexpected make the unexpected the expected ?

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

-------------------------

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by SIOUX View Post
    I must admit that i have not be on XS for a while due to life and other circumstances. But im getting back into it a little again, and will be on XS more I cant even remember a life before XS forums
    Happy New Year everyone!

I'm in the sme boat, busy life running around, but I do check XS from time to time, just not active on posting side as it's still not safe write posts while driving. Give it few more years and thanks to self-driving cards this forum can have 2nd life
    RiG1: Ryzen 7 1700 @4.0GHz 1.39V, Asus X370 Prime, G.Skill RipJaws 2x8GB 3200MHz CL14 Samsung B-die, TuL Vega 56 Stock, Samsung SS805 100GB SLC SDD (OS Drive) + 512GB Evo 850 SSD (2nd OS Drive) + 3TB Seagate + 1TB Seagate, BeQuiet PowerZone 1000W

RiG2: HTPC AMD A10-7850K APU, 2x8GB Kingstone HyperX 2400C12, AsRock FM2A88M Extreme4+, 128GB SSD + 640GB Samsung 7200, LG Blu-ray Recorder, Thermaltake BACH, Hiper 4M880 880W PSU

SmartPhone Samsung Galaxy S7 EDGE
    XBONE paired with 55'' Samsung LED 3D TV

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast