Thread: [News] New NVIDIA Press Embargo Stirs Things up

[News] New NVIDIA Press Embargo Stirs Things up

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/new...things-up.html

Roughly a week media should have received a new long-term NDA from NVIDIA. This NDA is an agreement between NVIDIA and the media outlet. The new embargo is, however, stirring up a few things for some websites.

In particular website Heise is not rather happy about the new embargo. In fact, Heise feels the new non-disclosure agreement is so wrong that felt the need to publish the non-disclosure agreement as an article online on their website. According to Heise, the document is in violation of journalistic principles. They (much like us) received the document on June 20, with the request to sign it within two days. The document itself is designed in such a manner that it's benefitting NVIDIA, e.g. favoring Nvidia. The agreement is long-term, and states that confidential information must be kept secret for five years, but if it concerns a 'professional trade secret', that confidentiality will never pass. This, in theory, could mean that journalists never could reveal a specific leaked detail from another source. Heise made it clear that they will not sign the NDA and considered it their journalistic duty by "creating transparency" with publishing the document in its entirety.

Xtreme Addict
    Flying through Space, with armoire, Armoire of INVINCIBILATAAAAY!
    Seems like a pretty standard NDA to me. I'm no fancy big city journalist, but I've signed a bunch of these things... and actually, now I can't tell you anything else, I'm afraid.
    Sigs are obnoxious.

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Quote Originally Posted by iddqd View Post
    Seems like a pretty standard NDA to me. I'm no fancy big city journalist, but I've signed a bunch of these things... and actually, now I can't tell you anything else, I'm afraid.
    Agreed.
    I'm failing to see something different compared to the past and with other manufacturers.
    Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero