Thread: Raijintek Leto Pro RGB

Xtreme Reviewer

Raijintek Leto Pro RGB

Introduction

Raijintek are now an established brand in the case and cooling sectors, something which is quite impressive considering they have only been in business since 2013. Raijintek has been making some big moves with their AIO'S lately, but to get things kicked on with our coverage of their products, we bring you their LETO Pro Air CPU Cooler. The Raijintek LETO Pro is designed in Germany utilizing a slim tower-type cooler design. The Pro version also comes with two RGB LED fans. There is also a non-pro LETO RGB which only comes with one fan.

Socket compatibility includes all Socket LGA 775/115x/1366/201x/2066 CPU (Core i3 / i5 / i7 / i9 CPU) for Intel, as well as All AM4/AM3+/AM3/AM2+/AM2/FM2+/FM2/FM1 CPU for AMD.

Packaging & Contents

The packaging of the Leto Pro RGB is compact. The front of the box displays the Leto Pro Black cooler with white LED fans.

On the back you will find some technical data.

The left side shows pictures and SKU's of the two different variants of the radiator. An arrow on the illustrations shows which variant is included in the packaging.

The right side has an picture of the cooler with fans installed.

Within the box sits some hard foam which is protecting the cooler from any damage. The accessories are stored in a small box.

Opening up the packaging you're offered with 2 x 120mm fans, one Y-Splitter for Fan's power cables, one RGB LED Splitter Cable, an accessory kit with various mounting screws, an universal backplate, a packet of thermal paste and of course the cooler itself. It's comforting to know Raijintek providing universal support for both Intel and AMD as not only does it increase their market share, as an end user we don't need to scratch our heads wondering if it'll support a particular platform or not.

There is also an installation manual for the Leto Pro RGB. The manual begins by showing all the parts you need to complete the installation, and section offs AMD from Intel installations. With the use of quality renderings, they guide you through the installation process.

A Closer Look

The single tower heatsink measures 153mm tall and is only 50mm wide. The weight of the cooler is 925gr.

There is no denying the all-black coating on the Leto Pro RGB looks amazing. For those who want to keep a darker theme in their build but still want to go with Air CPU Cooling, this is definitely the option for you. Notice the unique design of how the heat pipes flow to the 43 fin array. The fin stack is a stepped design. The top block has 32 fins whereas the bottom block has 11 fins.

Taking a look at the Leto Pro RGB from the top, we can see where the tops of the four 6mm heat pipes.

We can also see the Raijintek "R" logo.

There are four 6mm heatpipes with direct copper contact moving heat away from the core and to the aluminium fin array.

The two interior pipes are going towards the middle side of the heatsink whereas the exterior most pipes are going at a wider angle.

The entire body of the heatsink (with the exception of the copper contact surface) is painted black so that the LED fans shine through.

The base of the Leto Pro RGB is a direct connect base, meaning there isn't a cover plate providing a flat surface for your thermal paste and CPU mating surfaces. Direct contact CPU coolers are our preference, though only because they cut out the middleman, so to speak. The surface is finished to a very high standard and we found zero flaws or imperfections.The shiny bit isn't so shiny due to the lack of a contact plate, but that's ok for this type of cooler.

The fans are characterized by acrylic LED diffusers both both sides of the frame, even as the supporting structure of the frame, and the impeller itself, are matte black.

Two more of the fan's notable aesthetic aspects are the spoke-like design of its hub mount, which is constructed from clear plastic, and the rubber-padded corners of the frame. As a fan, the Macula 12 features sleeved bearings, takes in 4-pin PWM power input, and spins between 800 and 1,800 RPM. Its makers rate its MTBF at 40,000 hours.

Its lighting comes from two LED rings that are situated on the front and back side of its frame and surround its fan rotor. The Leto Pro RGB will work with Asus Aura Sync, MSI Mystic Light, Gigabyte RGB Fusion and ASRock RGB, so as long as you have a board that features any of those you can control the cooler in that software. The lighting is really nice, and there are no hotspots or areas that are poorly lit. Its really vibrant and vivid and what colour do work look great. It looks best at night when the lights are low and the effect is lovely.

Installation Process

Installing the Raijintek Leto Pro RGB CPU Cooler is simple. Attention is paid to the installation, because a very thin protective film is placed on the cooling surface of the radiator base and must be removed. First, align the backplate screws with the holes on the backside of the motherboard and insert the back plate. There is a foam padding between the backplate and the motherboard. This helps to protect your motherboard and has the added bonus of keeping the screws in place while you complete the next stage.

To keep the backplate in position, use the thumb screws. Set the retention bracket on top of the screws on either side of the CPU socket.

After you put thermal paste on the CPU, line the cooler over it ready for the securing bar. This goes through the hole in the cooler, and lines up with two small bumps on the top of the heatsink area. The last stage for the heatsink is to screw the two small mounting screws through the securing bar and into the brass standoffs. Apply the fans, passing the rubber pins through the mounting holes, and connect the 4-pin fan header to the CPU fan header on the motherboard.

Installed - Memory Clearance

Whether it is for DIMM slot clearance or for PCIe clearance, the LETO Pro RGB is not going to interfere.

Test System & Methology

Test System:

Processor: Intel Core i7 4770K @ 4.6 GHz
    Motherboard:Asus Z97-Pro Gamer
    Memory: 16GB Mushkin
    Graphics Card: Sapphire HD 6970
    Power Supply: Antec HCG 750W
    Chassis: Cooler Master Silencio 650 Pure
    Boot Drive: Ocz Vector
    Storage Drive: 3TB Seagate Barracuda

Software:

CPUID HW Monitor 1.23
    CPUID CPU-Z 1.65
    Prime95 v27.1

I am testing the performance as follows:

Ambient temperatures are kept at 23C throughout my tests.
    The CPU Fan is set to 100% to eliminate inconsistencies as a result of PWM control.
    Idle temperatures are obtained after booting the PC and idling on the desktop for 30 minutes.
    Load temperatures are obtained after running Prime95′s Small FTTs test for 15 minutes.
    To measure noise levels i disable the two front in-take fans, rear exhaust and GPU fan.
    On the following pages you'll have the opportunity to read what Leto Pro RGB is capable of.

Results -Temperature

Idle temperatures with no overclock come in at 27 C, while it jumps to 63 C under a load-both of which are fairly good. No thermal concerns here.

Now, after I put the overclock in gear, the idle hits 31 C. I cranked up the load while overclocked and the Leto Pro RGB comes in at 81 C, which is three degrees lower than the more expensive Dark Rock 3. This is more in line with what I expected to see.

Results - Noise Level

Cooling performance, while amazing, comes at a great cost in terms of noise. At 100% fan speed, the Leto Pro RGB hits 48 dBA,which is loud. It is simply not a contest at maximum fan speeds.

Final Thoughts

The cooler makes a high-quality impression. The install process was flawless and the performance was certainly on par with what I was expecting from the unit. The build quality is very good, but the real star of the show is that lovely Makula LED fan, which really completes the aesthetics and gives you a way of adding an extra touch of style to your system build. So would the Raijintek Leto Pro RGB be a good way to add some RGB to your system, well, yes. As a whole the RGB implementation into the cooler is brilliant and if you don’t like RGB you can stick to one colour for accent lighting or completely turn it off via your software. If you don’t have the ability to control whether its on or off, you could simply choose to not install the RGB cable into the header. As long as the fan power is in, the cooler will function normally, just without the lighting. But to be honest, when you see it in person, you’d likely want to keep it on. The Raijintek Leto Pro RGB's downsides are rather minor. The fans are loud at full speed as they hit 48 decibels—users will want to keep the fans at or below 80% in order to keep noise levels under control. In my own experience with the Leto Pro RGB, using the included fan-speed adapter makes for a quiet cooler that performs extremely well. I would actually go as far as to recommend installing them for that very reason.

Coming in just shy of €40, the Leto Pro RGB is a well-priced cooler. Keep in mind that the fans are around €35 both. For the money, it offers good performance and coming with two RGB included fans. This cooler does have a 5-year warranty which will make sure you are able to continue using this cooler for your personal system for several years. The Raijintek Leto Pro RGB is one of the best mid budget air coolers on the market today. It’s stylish, easy to work with, doesn’t conflict with your motherboard/RAM, and it does a great job of keeping your CPU running cool.

Last edited by testman78; 09-11-2019 at 02:23 AM.