Thread: BloodRage P11 and BCLK 200 - very late surprise

Xtreme Addict

Cool BloodRage P11 and BCLK 200 - very late surprise

Been probably ages since I played with OC, but recently (or not so recently) my PC was showing some instability (crashed now and then for unknown and untrackable reasons). I thought (like everyone usually does) that my OC is rock solid. Well, maybe it was, maybe it isnt (next days will show).

But, I tried to reset to pretty much factory default and play with OC from there. I was reviewing individual settings, trying again for max BCLK (http://hwbot.org/submission/999140_m...0_4644.33_mhz/ .. did this ages ago, not really stable). My daily OC was lower and on much lower BCLK. Cause high BCLK, like 200 was always pretty unstable for me.

And I accidentally stumbled on why (probably).

Remember how BloodRage has 1.8V QPI PLL settings? Well, instead increasing I tried to actually lower it (atm around 1.65V). Based on the internet, 1.8V isnt actually needed. Also not entirely sure its really QPI PLL voltage.

Anyway, where higher settings did nothing good for me, lowering it to 1.65v actually allowed me for very easy 200 BCLK. And I mean like super easy, my VTT is buffed just by +60mV and IOH only by +0.01V.

Funny thing that we often dont question defaults, or try lower them while OCing, if some default isnt bit too high. Turns out, this one could be.

I know its probably worthless atm, users of Bloodrage will be close to none, let alone someone trying to OC it. Just thought I will share my findings.
    i7 930 D0 - 4,2 GHz + Megashadow
    3x4GB Crucial 1600MHz CL8
    Foxconn Bloodrage rev. 1.1 - P09
    MSI HAWK N760
    Crucial M500 240GB SSD
    SeaGate ES.2 1TB + 1TB External SeaGate
    Corsair HX 850W (its GOLD man!)
    ASUS STX + Sennheiser HD 555 (tape mod)

Old-new camera so some new pics will be there.. My Flickr My 500px.com My Tumblr

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Mescalamba, you may not be totally alone.

I just got a newish FlamingBlade last month and having fun tinkering with 2 cheap Xeon x5650s@200FSB 4GHz meanwhile so just keep on exploring.
    'He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose' - Jim Elliot
    Click on the pic to download a free pdf sample of the bestselling book!

Xtreme Addict
    Yea I saw cheap Xeons (Westmere) and even 980 on the market, so Im tempted to give that a go.
    i7 930 D0 - 4,2 GHz + Megashadow
    3x4GB Crucial 1600MHz CL8
    Foxconn Bloodrage rev. 1.1 - P09
    MSI HAWK N760
    Crucial M500 240GB SSD
    SeaGate ES.2 1TB + 1TB External SeaGate
    Corsair HX 850W (its GOLD man!)
    ASUS STX + Sennheiser HD 555 (tape mod)

Old-new camera so some new pics will be there.. My Flickr My 500px.com My Tumblr

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Just go for the Westmeres, so much better deal than the old Nehalems and Gulftowns.
    'He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose' - Jim Elliot
    Click on the pic to download a free pdf sample of the bestselling book!