Thread: Ford?s decision to kill most of its cars was inevitable

Ford?s decision to kill most of its cars was inevitable

https://www.engadget.com/2018/04/27/...as-inevitable/

American drivers have made up their mind. Bigger is most certainly better and the Ford Motor Company has reacted. This week the automaker announced that over the next few years it would be phasing out all its cars (except for the iconic Mustang) in favor of SUVs, trucks and commercial vehicles (vans) in the United States. Don't @ me about the upcoming Focus Active, it's a crossover, it's not a car. The surprise wasn't that it happened, the surprise is that it took so long.

It wasn't that long ago that many drivers regarded SUVs as gas-guzzling behemoths that took up more than their fair share of the road. And yet, sales of these vehicles grew. And grew, and grew (small SUVs are up 27.8 and luxury SUVs are up 9.7 percent between March 2017 and March 2018), and now if you're an automaker that's not in the SUV game, you might as well close up shop.

Xtreme Mentor
    beside what ford is saying thinking focus active as a crossover may not be accurate.

When i'm being paid i always do my job through.

Xtreme Addict
    If ppl in the U.S. were forced to pay the obscene $$ for a litre of petrol that we in AU or Europe pay the trend would swing back to smaller vehicles
    lots and lots of cores and lots and lots of tuners,HTPC's boards,cases,HDD's,vga's,DDR1&2&3 etc etc all powered by Corsair PSU's

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I don't think this decision is divorced from the EPA's decision to lift MPG requirements on manufacturer line ups. I think Ford had been considering this for a while but due to strict MPG regulations have not been able to do the cars.
    Intel 8700k
    16GB
    Asus z370 Prime
    1080 Ti
    x2 Samsung 850Evo 500GB
    x 1 500 Samsung 860Evo NVME

Swiftech Apogee XL2
    Swiftech MCP35X x2
    Full Cover GPU blocks
    360 x1, 280 x1, 240 x1, 120 x1 Radiators