Thread: [News] Report raises concerns over Nvidia GeForce Partner Program

[News] Report raises concerns over Nvidia GeForce Partner Program

http://hexus.net/business/news/compo...rtner-program/

A very interesting and perhaps controversial new report has been published over at HardOCP, penned by their editor in chief Kyle Bennett. The story concerns Bennett's investigations into the new Nvidia GeForce Partner Program (GPP) and its ramifications for the industry, and ultimately, for consumers. After some digging though the Nvidia GPP T&Cs and talking to various AIBs and OEMs, Bennett suggests that Nvidia is seeking to benefit from its almost-monopoly position in gaming graphics and to effectively force AIBs to choose between being a close partner with Nvidia, or facing various less favourable trading circumstances outside the partnership.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Nvidia up to its usual shenanigans, even when i start to consider buying them, they have to pull something like this again, and then i just get fed up, no freesync because NO, weird drivers, constant meddling in game code to slow down amd, and now this, pressuring journalists and borderline(?) illegal "partner" programs.
    Better to read up on hardocp on this
    https://www.hardocp.com/article/2018...onsumer_choice
    Intel 5960X@4.2Ghz[Prime stable]@4.5 [XTU stable] 1.24v NB@3.6ghz Asrock X99 Extreme 3 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance@3200 16-17-17
    Sapphire nitro+ VEGA 56 Samsung SSD 850 256GB Crucial MX100 512GB HDD:WD10TB WD:8TB Seagate8TB

If this is the case, it sounds very Intel-esque from yesteryear.
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64