Thread: Nvidia driver + Windows 10 multi-monitor positioning problem

Xtreme Addict

Nvidia driver + Windows 10 multi-monitor positioning problem

Windows 10 changes my screen position to an unusable state and I cannot reset it. I have two displays. If I open a game, change my resolution, or change the refresh rate of my monitors the #1 display will move to the lower right corner of my #2 display. I cannot move it back. The screen moves back to that position after I hit apply. I've reinstalled the driver multiple times and edited the registry. This problem continuously reoccurs.

If I can't solve this, I'm going to wipe my system and start all over.

Thanks for any help in advance!
    Core i7 2600K@4.6Ghz| 16GB G.Skill@2133Mhz 9-11-10-28-38 1.65v| ASUS P8Z77-V PRO | Corsair 750i PSU | ASUS GTX 980 OC | Xonar DSX | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB |A bunch of HDDs and terabytes | Oculus Rift w/ touch | ASUS 24" 144Hz G-sync monitor

Quote Originally Posted by phelan1777 View Post
    Hail fellow warrior albeit a surat Mercenary. I Hail to you from the Clans, Ghost Bear that is (Yes freebirth we still do and shall always view mercenaries with great disdain!) I have long been an honorable warrior of the mighty Warden Clan Ghost Bear the honorable Bekker surname. I salute your tenacity to show your freebirth sibkin their ignorance!

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Try to delete all the monitor profiles in registry.
    Restart the PC with 1 monitor ( the intended main ) hooked up, then connect the second monitor, arrange them and configure them and see if you are good to go or still facing the same problem.
    Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Xtreme Addict
    Deleting the registry entries did not work. I actually have to do that every time it does this to get the configuration set right again. The moment I launch a game or make a display change, it messes up again. I just refreshed Windows 10 and kept my files and apps. I also rolled the driver back from 390.77 to 375. Nothing is working so I think I have to completely nuke my installation.

It pains me to say that but I have to bite the bullet on this one.

Thanks for your help!
    Core i7 2600K@4.6Ghz| 16GB G.Skill@2133Mhz 9-11-10-28-38 1.65v| ASUS P8Z77-V PRO | Corsair 750i PSU | ASUS GTX 980 OC | Xonar DSX | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB |A bunch of HDDs and terabytes | Oculus Rift w/ touch | ASUS 24" 144Hz G-sync monitor

Quote Originally Posted by phelan1777 View Post
    Hail fellow warrior albeit a surat Mercenary. I Hail to you from the Clans, Ghost Bear that is (Yes freebirth we still do and shall always view mercenaries with great disdain!) I have long been an honorable warrior of the mighty Warden Clan Ghost Bear the honorable Bekker surname. I salute your tenacity to show your freebirth sibkin their ignorance!

Xtreme Mentor
    Does it come back to its original location when you exit from the game? Do your monitors have the same resolution? Do you use different scale values for your monitors? I have a similar problem that if I don't use the natural resolution of my monitor on a game it moves other windows to right and they go outside the visible area.

When i'm being paid i always do my job through.