Thread: [News] Cheaper Intel 300-series Chipset Motherboards Around the Corner

[News] Cheaper Intel 300-series Chipset Motherboards Around the Corner

https://www.techpowerup.com/241751/c...und-the-corner

Right now, it makes little sense to pick up Intel's Core i3 quad-core and cheaper Core i5 six-core chips, only to pair them with the company's premium Z370 Express chipset-based motherboards, which start around $139. The company had promised a second wave of Core i3 and Core i5 "Coffee Lake" processors, and newer Pentium Gold and Celeron parts based on the silicon; alongside three cheaper motherboard chipsets - H370 Express, B360 Express, and H310 Express; for launch some time in Q1-2018. We're getting word that March could be a busy month for PC hardware retailers.

The H370 has an almost identical feature-set to the Z370, except its lack of support for CPU overclocking and multi-GPU (PCIe segmentation). The B360 is slightly cheaper, and has fewer connectivity options. The H310 is entry-level, and has the least connectivity options. H370-based motherboards could be priced between $100 to $170; B360-based ones $80 to $130, and H310-based ones $50 to $70. Online retailers have already begun listing some of these motherboards. A list was compiled by Redditor dayman56. It includes links to over a dozen such listings of ASRock and GIGABYTE motherboards that, if not anything else, confirm model names.

Xtreme Addict
    We can thank AMD for these consumer gains
    lots and lots of cores and lots and lots of tuners,HTPC's boards,cases,HDD's,vga's,DDR1&2&3 etc etc all powered by Corsair PSU's

Xtreme Addict
    Actually, we can thank AMD's competition for Coffee Lake being released early before their intended chipsets were ready. It would have been released around this time alongside a new high end chipset (that may now become the z390) rather than the refreshed Z270 that became the Z370.

Quote Originally Posted by alpha0ne View Post
    We can thank AMD for these consumer gains
    It is not like intel is allowing all core mode on anything but the z series again. I dont see why anyone building for DIY would buy something like this and an i5 or better (and a non k,) or buy an intel chip at all if you cannot do an i5 k edition.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi