Thread: [News] New NVIDIA GPU is named at Reuters, called Turing [Update: unveiled next month

[News] New NVIDIA GPU is named at Reuters, called Turing [Update: unveiled next month

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/new...ed-turing.html

Analysts also say Nvidia?s competitive advantage is only likely to increase when it moves its Volta chip architecture, launched last year and only currently present in data-center GPUs, into gaming chips later this year. The new GPU gaming chip, code-named Turing, is expected to be unveiled next month. Even without it, Nvidia?s revenue from gaming rose 29 percent to $1.74 billion in the fourth quarter, accounting for more than half of its total revenue.

Xtreme Addict
    Flying through Space, with armoire, Armoire of INVINCIBILATAAAAY!
    Possibly a trademark issue, as there's an ARM vendor called Ampere Computing?
    Sigs are obnoxious.

Nursing Student -or- Beta Testing Escape From Tarkov
    Man if you read the whole article...the mind games nvidia is capable of with just a name is mind blowing. The whole article is speculation.
    No one really knows anything - except maybe a few people on these boards who are more than likely under strict NDA.
    Intel Core i7 7700K | MSI Z270 XPOWER G.T. | EVGA 1080Ti SC2 | 16GB DDR4 G.Skill Trident Z 3200 | Samsung S27A950D | 3 x Samsung 850 EVO (250GB, 2 x 2TB) | EVGA Supernova P2 1200w | Coolermaster Cosmos II

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    I still find it difficult to understand what's going on in the minds of the average PC enthusiast.
    It's not like it's quantum physics.

A simpleton with a few years of PC building and reading reviews experience would know what to expect.
    It's not like the sun will stop shining.
    A new GPU will be announced.
    Its name is of no matter.
    The performance matters.
    If you follow the patterns, every new year the last 4 (?) the new "xx60" GeForce is on par or even slightly faster than the previous generation's xx80 "Ti".

Given AMD's failure to compete in any conceivable way and aspect, you can expect the cutting down of the top dog card to become even more obvious.
    However, because nVIDIA is smart, it won't release a new top dog that is just 5-10% faster than it's current top gaming card.
    Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Xtreme Mentor
    Name means nothing but there are people earning money by convincing people that it is. And this people are the %90 of the sites, blogs, reviewers, youtubers etc. etc. we see on the internet.
    Last edited by kromosto; 02-14-2018 at 12:06 AM.

When i'm being paid i always do my job through.