Thread: Sandberg Wireless Charger Alu Dock 10W

Xtreme Reviewer

Sandberg Wireless Charger Alu Dock 10W

Introduction

All mobile devices have one thing in common: they will eventually need to be recharged. This means you need to have the charging cord that came in the package when you bought the phone or tablet. Nowadays you can usually use any MicroUSB charger as well. All this puts strain on your MicroUSB port which is one of the most common points of failure on your mobile device. At least, that is the way it used to be, but thanks to mobile devices that support the Qi wireless technology you can actually charge a cell phone by simply placing it on charging stand and it will fully charge the battery without having to plug it in. Sandberg's Alu Dock 10W Wireless Charging Stand is a fantastic example that uses this technology.

Specifications.

Packaging & Contents

Sandberg's Wireless Charger Alu Dock 10W comes in a relative small box.The front displays a large image of the Dock. The top of the box is just a blue with Sandberg's logo prominently displayed.

At the rear of the box we see a description of the product printed in many languages.

The left side again has a glossy color image of dock.

The other side of the box emphasising the benefits and features of the charger.

It certainly is nice to see the dock so well protected.

The scope of delivery includes only the manual and a micro-usb cable.

A Closer Look

The charger can be kept magnetically in place in the supplied stylish aluminium holder so that it functions as a dock for your smartphone.

Brushed aluminum finish perfectly complements your cell phone or tablet. The stand has a rubber liner that ensures that the phone does not fall.

Sandberg's logo.

The front and back of the stand have a little architectural style to it making it a little more interesting to look at.

Overall I'd say the build quality of this unit is above average, and you can tell that extra attention to detail has been paid.

The charger is made of high quality plastic.

The side of the Sandberg Wireless Charger Alu Dock 10W has the Micro USB port at the bottom of the stand. It is powered from a micro USB connector with 2 A current at a voltage of 5 V.

On the other side, there are three status LED to indicate charging.

Cooling holes.

The bottom has four rubberized foot pads to keep the charger from slipping.

Cell phones can insert easily and seat snugly.

Performance

Nothing could be simpler to use than the Sandberg Wireless Charger Alu Dock 10W. Just find a place on table that is near an outlet so that you can plug an AC power adapter, plug in the power cord into the cradle and you are ready to start charging your device. The wireless power will even penetrate directly through phone cases like the ones from Otter box. The charger is extra powerful at 10W and features two built-in coils, enabling fast charging of Qi-compatible 'fast charge' supporting smartphones. The charger also supports other Qi-compatible smartphones. Charging through cases is though it depends on the case. I was able to charge the Note 5 while it was in a thin TPU case, but a thicker Speck CandyShell case didn't register. Not all phones are compatible. Your phone must have some Wireless charging coils built in to it like all Samsung Smartphones since the Galaxy S6.

The charger works very well with my Galaxy 7 Edge. It charges as fast as the Samsung Wireless Fast Charger. Make sure you use a fast wall charger, otherwise it does not employ fast charging. I am still testing it out so far with good results and will update if anything changes.

Conclusion

Charging a cell phone can be very inconvenient because many of the charging cables that come with phones have short cables and the cables usually end up falling behind your desk or nightstand. The Sandberg Wireless Charger Alu Dock 10W can eliminate these annoyances. The Sandberg Wireless Charger Alu Dock 10W is capable of charging all compatible smart phones. The internal circuitry converts the power from AC adapter and intelligently delivers the needed power to your mobile device. The manufacturer also provides charging efficiency of 85% and Qi charging standard. With a maximum output of 10W, this Wireless Charger will charge at a distance of 8mm, and will even charge through many cases at up to 4mm. One downside is it doesn't come with a AC adapter to plug the USB power cable into. If you are like me and have many USB AC converters laying about it wont be an issue but something to keep in mind.

So, what is my bottom line here? I like the Sandberg Wireless Charger Alu Dock 10W. The charging stand does exactly what it is designed to do, charge your phone using induction charging (Qi). The Sandberg Wireless Charger Alu Dock 10W is sturdy to use and attractive to look at. The stand seems solid and has some weight to it. The indicator light is a nice feature letting you know that your phone is charging. The Sandberg Wireless Charger Alu Dock 10W is a great value while still delivering all of the style and the power you need to quickly recharge your cell phone. Overall, if you are looking for a nice, fairly priced ($51.99) Qi charging stand, I think that the Sandberg Wireless Charger Alu Dock 10W is well worth a look.

Last edited by testman78; 04-19-2018 at 10:42 PM.