Thread: Relic Terminates Development Of Further Dawn of War III Content

Relic Terminates Development Of Further Dawn of War III Content

https://www.techpowerup.com/241375/r...ar-iii-content

Relic Entertainment today announced that they were shifting focus and developing resources from developing any further content for Dawn of War III. As the third iteration in the RTS series has seen lukewarm response form critics, gamers, and the market as a whole, the company has said that "When a game underperforms, plans need to change. With Dawn of War 3, we simply don't have the foundation we need to produce major content. We're working in close partnership with Sega and Games Workshop to determine the best course of action, while shifting focus to other projects within our portfolio."

This likely means that no further updates will be delivered to the game, leaving players who were expecting to receive a new playable race in future DLC drops will remain wanting. Luckily, this means that Relic now has more resources to power onto other studio projects - one such could be the next iteration in the acclaimed Age of Empires franchise, which the company is currently working on. With Dawn of War being as expansive a universe as it is, it seems unlikely that the series will be put on ice and development of a franchise-related game won't be developed for Relic; however, that could still be an option. It remains to be seen what game,s and what projects, Relic Entertainment will choose to invest in.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Sad times... I loved DoW (top 10 for me), and DoW2 was great also.

I haven't gotten around to playing DoW3 yet, but sucks that it didn't really get any community traction.

VENOM: DFI LP LT X38-T2R ~ Core 2 Duo E8600 @ 4.00GHz ~ 4GB OCZ Blade LV DDR2-1150 ~ Radeon R9 380 4GB ~ Crucial C300 64GB ~ Seasonic X-750 ~ Dell U2913WM 29" ~ Win 7 Ultimate x64
    LAIKA: Alienware Alpha R2 ~ Core i5-6400T @ 2.20GHz / 2.80GHz ~ 16GB Ballistix Sport LT DDR4-2133 ~ GeForce GTX 960 4GB ~ Crucial MX300 275GB ~ LG OLED55B7A 55" TV ~ Win 10 Home x64
    BLADE: Razer Blade 14" (2013) ~ Core i7-4702HQ @ 2.20GHz / 3.20GHz ~ 8GB DDR3-1600 ~ GeForce GTX 765M 2GB ~ Samsung 840 EVO mSATA 500GB ~ Win 7 Ultimate x64