Thread: [News] NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 Sneakily Gets G-SYNC Support

[News] NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 Sneakily Gets G-SYNC Support

https://www.techpowerup.com/241350/n...g-sync-support

NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 is the company's cheapest and smallest GPU based on its "Pascal" graphics architecture, and is targeted at people who need IGP-replacement graphics cards around $50. Besides fewer shaders, it has a reduced software feature-set, with the notable omission of NVIDIA G-SYNC, the company's proprietary adaptive V-sync technology. We get that someone who pays the $150-200 premium for a monitor that supports it is unlikely to game on a GT 1030, but one user found otherwise.

With the latest GeForce drivers, Redditor "wantkitteh" found that their MSI GeForce GT 1030, when paired with an Acer Predator G-SYNC capable monitor (best guess XB272), was offering G-SYNC controls in the NVIDIA Control Panel. The monitor's OSD settings utility confirmed G-SYNC to be enabled. To meet the requirement, you need GPU and monitor to support G-SYNC, and be connected by a compatible DisplayPort 1.2 (or later) cable. It's something.

The only things missing now (and probably forever) are cheap G-Sync Monitors.

Xtreme Addict
    @3dfx
    There's mobile gsync that's essentially the same as vesa adaptive sync.
    You can patch the drivers for it in windows, but I didn't mess around with it enough to get it working right, patched the driver and all but...
    I couldn't get 10bit output working either if you get my drift, I spent like 15mins at it (mpc-hc + madvr) and gave up.
    If nvidia just enabled the code for it we'de be golden.
    Maybe in a few more years who knows...

When this 1st came out I fell for the scam, needing the gsync hardware in the monitor for the best experience...
    I realize now that's not the case.
    Just about any monitor coming out these days supports the vesa std. ver of it.