Thread: [News] FSP Announces the Hydro PTM+ 1400W Liquid-cooled PSU Co-designed by Bitspower

[News] FSP Announces the Hydro PTM+ 1400W Liquid-cooled PSU Co-designed by Bitspower

https://www.techpowerup.com/241299/f...d-by-bitspower

FSP, one of the leading manufacturers of power supplies in the world is pleased to announce its newest advanced power supply, the Hydro PTM+. After its initial unveiling at Computex 2017, where it received massively positive response from hardware fans and PC gamers, the Hydro PTM+ 1200W is now ready to be built into PC gaming rigs across the globe.

The Hydro PTM+ was developed in cooperation with Bitspower to create a unique liquid cooled power supply that excels at its efficiency, power rating, and thermal performance. With liquid cooling enabled, up to 1400W of power can be delivered, but when power demand is below 50% loading the Hydro PTM+ remains passively cooled, remaining completely silent. On top of the fantastic power delivery and unique cooling solution, the Hydro PTM+ fits any gamers' needs, by also offering good looks. With ASUS Aura sync certified RGB lighting inside the unit and fully modular design with ribbon cables, the Hydro PTM+ is the first PSU that truly combines power, cooling, and aesthetics.

Xtreme Addict
    and yet another gimmick
    lots and lots of cores and lots and lots of tuners,HTPC's boards,cases,HDD's,vga's,DDR1&2&3 etc etc all powered by Corsair PSU's

The last one of thees they had the liquid cooler had a really thick thermal pad that touched the bottom of the PCB, so it basically did nothing.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Water and electricity placed together in one package. What could possibly go wrong? This is a crazy product.

I've seen some tests with the prototypes and the reviewers weren't impressed. Basically is still an air cooled product. The water does not help with cooling that much.

At least is has RGB lighting!

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by 3dfx View Post
    Water and electricity placed together in one package. What could possibly go wrong? This is a crazy product.

I've seen some tests with the prototypes and the reviewers weren't impressed. Basically is still an air cooled product. The water does not help with cooling that much.

At least is has RGB lighting!
    OHHHHHHHH no....................it will sell in the millions !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    lots and lots of cores and lots and lots of tuners,HTPC's boards,cases,HDD's,vga's,DDR1&2&3 etc etc all powered by Corsair PSU's

Xtreme Addict
    Flying through Space, with armoire, Armoire of INVINCIBILATAAAAY!
    Koolance has been offering water-cooled PSUs for ages now. Don't think very many people were interested in buying them, though.
    Sigs are obnoxious.

Xtreme Addict
    I saw this a few days ago.
    Oil cooled, sure if it's a 10kw psu.
    Water cooled?, yeah...
    This is for people with more money then brains, no offense.

Edit:
    iddqd, nice sig btw
    I'm gonna have to ask you about your keyboard before I can help you on your no post prob..., lol.
    Just messing .

My sig is extremely out of date now...
    Lol I think I'll keep it like that, just so I can confuse someone once I get a new mobo some day.
    I got a totally diff monitor and video card now, more drives, etc.
    I don't even use those os's anymore except for win7 once in a blue moon.
    Last edited by NEOAethyr; 02-14-2018 at 08:34 PM.