Thread: [News] Bitcoin?s price plunges amid broad cryptocurrency sell-off

[News] Bitcoin?s price plunges amid broad cryptocurrency sell-off

Xtreme Enthusiast
    It's back up over $14k, so no clue where it'll wind up. Crypto is volatile, people. Get used to it.

Xtreme Monster
    I guess 99% of the new people that know what cryptocoins are now, are freaking out hehe, if they saw bitcoin crashing from 1280 usd to $90 then they would be very scared about it. 17k to 11k is nothing, that is not even 30%, 1280 usd to 90 usd was 1400% crash, that was painful to holders.

I am Xtreme
    Its end of year, people taking profits, to hard not to when you have gains in the triple or even quadruple digits.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Metroid View Post
    I guess 99% of the new people that know what cryptocoins are now, are freaking out hehe, if they saw bitcoin crashing from 1280 usd to $90 then they would be very scared about it. 17k to 11k is nothing, that is not even 30%, 1280 usd to 90 usd was 1400% crash, that was painful to holders.
    Its pretty bad since transaction limits mean tomorrow could be much higher sells then buys raising the price. Could just be corporate year end caused but either way its a few billion dollars, the businesses that accepted bitcoins, from humblebundle to newegg, will never be returning to the bitcoin market in favor of things like bitcoin cash, which allow more transactions daily.
    MM Duality eZ modded horizon (microres bracket). AMD 8120 4545Mhz 303x15 HTT 2727 1.512v load. 2121Mhz 1.08v idle. (48hour prime95 8k-32768 28GB ram) 32GB GeIL Cosra @ RAM 1212Mhz 8-8-8. 4870x2 800/900 load 200/200 idle. Intel Nic. Sabertooth 990fx . 4x64GB Crucial M4 raid 0 . 128GB Samsung 840 pro. 128GB OCZ Vertex 450. 6x250GB Seagate 7200.10 raid 0 (7+ years still running strong) esata raid across two 4 bay sans digital. Coolit Boreas Water Chiller. CoolerMaster V1000. 3x140MM back. 1x120MMx38MM back. 2x120MMx38MM Front. 6x120MM front. 2x120MM side. silverstone fan filters. 2x120MMx38MM over ram/PWM/VRM , games steam desura origin. 2x2TB WD passport USB 3.0 ($39 hot deal score) 55inch samsung 1080p tv @ 3 feet. $30 month equal payments no int (post xmas deal 2013)

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Bitcoin Cash is a joke though. Anything forked off the Bitcoin codebase will have tx problems.

Xtreme Monster
    Quote Originally Posted by drmrlordx View Post
    Bitcoin Cash is a joke though. Anything forked off the Bitcoin codebase will have tx problems.
    bch has been with heavy manipulation, i would not invest a single dime on it.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Yeah there is that as well.

Look, let's be honest: nobody has solved BTC's scaling problem yet. There's off-chain stuff like Lightning, but it's MIA. The challenge of scaling on-chain without centralization simply has not been solved by anyone at this point.

All the BTC forks - BCH, BCG, BCS (???), BCD (???), BCU (???) etc - are manipulative cash grabs of some sort or another. BCH has its evangelists. At least give them that much. But most of their arguments are silly.

The goal is to reach thousands of transactions per second. Nobody is there yet. There is exactly ONE crypto project that will probably get there pretty soon, and I don't want to be a shill so I won't say it. Regardless it will not be BTC or any of its forks/clones.

BTC, BCH, and LTC all really deserve to crash to $0 just for that reason alone.

Xtreme Monster
    Eth's creator has been working very hard to implement that on eth. The way things are, eth might surpass bitcoin on market value in few months.

Also, the reason many companies decided not to be accepting btc anymore was scaling, transaction cost and is very volatile, volatile will always be, the other 2 only time will tell.
    Last edited by Metroid; 12-26-2017 at 12:19 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Oh goody, you brought up Ethereum so I didn't have to. Thanks!

Regardless, Ethereum still has a lot of work to do. But it looks like they'll get there, eventually. BTC? Not a chance.

Xtreme Member
    Oh goody, you brought up Ethereum so I didn't have to. Thanks!

Regardless, Ethereum still has a lot of work to do. But it looks like they'll get there, eventually. BTC? Not a chance.
    Rootstock and LN are gonna crush ETH and lots of the other alt kids. Don't mess with the honey badger.
    2600k @ 4.6 GHz
    Noctua NH-D14 cooler
    P8Z68-V PRO
    16 GB RAM
    Corsair TX-850
    Two Gigabyte 670 GTX Windforce's in SLI at +60 core/+400 memory (3DMark11 15000P)
    Antec P182
    Crucial M4 SSD
    Win7 x64
    Dell 3007WFP-HC
    Logitech G15 Keyboard & G7 Mouse
    ErgoHuman Chair

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Rootstock? LN? Are you kidding?

Xtreme Member
    Nope.
    2600k @ 4.6 GHz
    Noctua NH-D14 cooler
    P8Z68-V PRO
    16 GB RAM
    Corsair TX-850
    Two Gigabyte 670 GTX Windforce's in SLI at +60 core/+400 memory (3DMark11 15000P)
    Antec P182
    Crucial M4 SSD
    Win7 x64
    Dell 3007WFP-HC
    ErgoHuman Chair

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Yeah okay, let's see here:

Right now, the main bitcoin network has maybe 10% adoption for SegWit despite it being available for months. Now you expect people to adopt Lightning too? Never mind this:

https://medium.com/@jonaldfyookball/...n-1b8147650800

Getting proper wallet support and exchange support for Lightning will take a long time, and some will resist using it due to centralization. I doubt that Lightning will be the solution to transaction problems that you think they are, and I predict that Raiden will face similar problems. Plasma may work out better.

Then there's RSK! Oh goody, let's provide smart contract functionality that's maybe on par with where Ethereum was 2 years ago! Hell yeah. If anyone actually DOES start rolling out smart contracts using RSK, there's still the onus of Bitcoin's main blockchain having a depressingly-low rate of on-chain transactions, which is what will drive RSK usage into the ground.

Also where are all the "I like bitcoin better because of Ethereum because it's secure and battle-tested. You can't hack it". So where will the Luddites go once people add experimental, untested, potentially-insecure smart contracts as a second layer on top of their beloved secure and battle-tested blockchain? BCH? Yeah whatever.

Xtreme Member
    Angry u are. Thanks for that tasty post from June of last year - very informative and up to date. I can't wait for ETH to some other bit of code up and have to fork again. lolz use your head.
    2600k @ 4.6 GHz
    Noctua NH-D14 cooler
    P8Z68-V PRO
    16 GB RAM
    Corsair TX-850
    Antec P182
    Crucial M4 SSD
    Win7 x64
    Dell 3007WFP-HC
    ErgoHuman Chair

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I am using my head. Bitcoin's second-layer solutions are useless, and Ethereum ain't forking again over someone losing their money. The DAO fork made sense, but apparently you didn't pay any attention to the multiple Parity bugs that didn't even register.

People are already fighting over LN adoption. You just wait and see. It won't be the solution you think it is. Posts from June that were correct then are correct now. Lightning = centralization. It's also a to implement.

Stupid maximalists.

Xtreme Monster
    Anything that is centralized is bad cause will be too much power for them and that is not good. The lighting project could have been a success and instead will be a failure in the long term. Right now, the only hope is eth for the long term.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    And in the meantime, people are pumping up the price of Ripple instead. Fools and their money . . .

I am Xtreme
    And in the meantime, people are pumping up the price of Ripple instead. Fools and their money . . .
    People don't care about the "crypto" aspect. In general crypto currencies are basically the new "derivatives" of the finance sector. I already made 5 figures profit of ripple, so I don't really care what happens in the long run.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    As long as you can get your money back out intact, more power to you. Sadly, Ripple as a platform leaves a lot to be desired.

Anyone who holds XRP too long is gonna get burned, badly.

Xtreme Monster
    I would stay away from ripple or stellar for that matter. I will never invest in something that is centralized.