Thread: [News] "Intel inside" Campaign Funds Cut, Might Bring Higher Pricing to End Users

[News] "Intel inside" Campaign Funds Cut, Might Bring Higher Pricing to End Users

https://www.techpowerup.com/239675/i...g-to-end-users

Intel has decided to rollback investment - read, funding - for its "Intel inside" marketing campaign, which has been with us since 1991. The "Intel inside" campaign is one where Intel has been offering OEMs and system integrators some amount of compensation and marketing funding for their Intel-based products, and is aimed at helping OEMs and channel partners drive PC sales growth. However, if CRN's report is right, Intel is looking towards cutting funding for this program by 40% to 60%.

OEMs have been including Intel's "Intel inside" funding as part of their annual marketing budgets, and the reduction of this funding from Intel can go one of two ways: manufacturers reduce marketing budget, or keep the same budget, but pass on the increased expenses towards consumers. For companies, the second option is likelier to be true, simply because marketing plays such a prominent role in company's visibility in the usually crowded markets.

Xtreme Addict
    The "give us a marketing reason to increase prices" is so.... ye, right, suuure..
    P5E64_Evo/QX9650, 4x X25-E SSD - gimme speed..
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_SmartAss View Post
    Lately there has been a lot of BS(Dave_Graham where are you?)

I'm a little surprised because with AMD offering worthwhile competition again I thought intel might want to keep paying off companies to refuse them.. uh, wait, maybe they don't want to get into trouble again
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Addict
    I doubt they would increase costs and potentially drive more customers towards AMD options.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Interesting. Intel pulling back from the desktop market? Need to keep an eye on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    I'm a little surprised because with AMD offering worthwhile competition again I thought intel might want to keep paying off companies to refuse them.. uh, wait, maybe they don't want to get into trouble again
    maybe they dont want the garbage parts associated with the premium ones. a couple years ago they pulled intel branding from retail celeron, atom, and non core based pentium computers.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme 3D Team
    Yep, I think this is an issue of "Oh, we're paying this money out and you're still going to have AMD designs anyway? Screw it, we're not going to pay you anymore."

BK's NEW PRODUCT + AQUISITION + NEW PRODUCT + NEW PRODUCT per year empire seems to be slowing in growth (but not in new products with only marginal performance increase). I don't think Wall Street is ready.
    Smile

Xtreme Enthusiast
    What does big blue care? They still never paid $1 towards that fine and people have been buying their products at record pace. This is more of a "trim the fat" move IMO.
    q9550 @ 444 x 8.5 1.3v - Venomous X
    p5q DLX
    Ocz RPR 1066 4 x 2g @ 1066
    eah5870 V2 @ 920/1250 - HR-03gt
    Antec Fusion Remote MAX
    Xonar HDAV1.3
    Ocz zx850w