Thread: GameSir G4s

Xtreme Reviewer

GameSir G4s

Introduction

Today we review the GameSir G4s gaming controller. This cool gadget for gamers can connect to just about everything! GameSir G4s was built with 32-bit MCU chip with computation capability up to 48 million times per second, along with Realtek Bluetooth 4.0 technology and 2.4GHz Wireless connection. The built-in bracket in the device can hold from 3.5-inch to 6-inch smartphones perfectly. The adjustable angles are up to 110 degrees and 150 degrees.

Specifications.

Packaging & Contents

GameSir G4s comes in a compact box.The front of the container shows the entire controller through a clear lid with the GameSir logo, Product Information and Company Information.

Turning the box around reveals a more detailed explanation of the controller's features alongside two images which illustrate the potential benefits of the GameSir G4s.

The specifications is placed on the left side.

On the right side you can see that it supports games. You just need to navigate to the Google Play Store and search for the game. Moreover, it is also possible to view the supported games by installing the GameSir World App.

The box opens like a clam shell. Once the box is opened the controller is in front of you.

There's not much you will find inside the box, just the controller itself and a a clip. Do read the user manual as it provides details on how to use the controller with different platforms.

A Closer Look

Obviously based on the Xbox One controller, I believe it has a very well designed controller.

All of the standard buttons are included on the G4s, including both left and right joysticks, a directional pad, L1, L2, R1, R2. The Y, B, X, A, buttons all light up.

GameSir has taken great effort to design the distance between the buttons as per the radius of thumb. The controller includes floating D-pad to enable you to work with eight compass points.

There are four blue LEDs that indicate the remaining battery life.

At both sides of the GameSir G4s, there are large pieces of grey coloured rubber pieces built right into the gamepad itself.

At the back, there is nothing other than a small reset switch that requires something long and tiny to trigger, and some serial number printed at the center of it.

There is a USB hidden at the bottom of the controller, if you lift up the bracket you can see a plastic bit coming out and you just pull that and you'll get the USB dongle that can be put into a computer which works on a Windows machine.

The GameSir G4s is powered by an 800mAh OV charging battery.

The smartphone holding clip design of the Gamesir G4s is a great feature. You can quickly flip the clip and attach any of your smartphones and start using the gamepad without the need of using any external addons/attachments. The built-in holder support from 3.5 to 6-inch smartphones so you don't have to worry to place your smartphone.

This clamp does click to two levels of tilt satisfyingly, so it depends on which of the two angles you?re comfortable using.

The buttons under the cradle are turbo and clear. Extra buttons are always welcomed.

Performance

To start working with the GameSir G4s, you need to activate Bluetooth connectivity on your smartphone or any other Android device. Before starting, you need to install a compatible game. If you select GameSir World link option from the official website, you will be able to view a list of all the supported games. You just need to navigate to the Google Play Store and search for the game. Moreover, it is also possible to view the supported games by installing the GameSir World App.

I use the dongle in my PC and connect via Bluetooth to my phone and can switch between devices easily w/o having to repair it w/ each device each time I switch. It works out of the box just like an ordinary Xbox controller on everything I've tried so far. At least 15-20 feet. Battery life is ridiculous. I've gone over 10 hours on one charge. It is possible to save power using the Automatic sleep mode. My only complaint is that, if you want to use the thumb sticks like a mouse on a pc while using the 2.7 ghz dongle, you have to change the 'mode' that the controller is in several times. This consequentially boots you out of any game that you open up. So if you're trying to open a game with no mouse -just the controller- you cant do it. Not a huge issue, just noteworth.

The modes in which the G4s can work in are:
    XInput Mode:
    Setting up the controller is fairly simple, just press Home+X button and Home button would light up Blue. The controller will work in most games as it shows up as a xbox controller, which increases the compatibility.
    DInput Mode:
    DirectInput mode is a legacy mode which Microsoft has stopped supporting since Xinpuit. Enter this mode by pressing Home+A button and Home button will start glowing green.
    Mouse Simulation Mode:
    To run the Controller in Mouse Simulation mode, first enter DirectInput mode and Then press X+Select and the LED will glow white indicating the controller is in mouse simulation mode.

Like I mentioned in the design section, the size of this controller makes it very comfortable to hold for multiple hour sessions. The Analog handle is really smooth and accurate with R3+L3 support. I experienced no input lag or connection issues, and it has been basically plug and play setup. No issues. There is a great spring under each button, giving it a satisfying click and means I don’t miss click. Buttons are nice and clicky, especially the shoulder buttons. This is a problem with cheaper controllers, which often have mushy feeling triggers. The Dpad is rounded and works fine, though I would have preferred a more segmented design. The built-in turbo button helps you avoid fatigue as a result of pressing the same but repeatedly. You can even enable mouse mode, where moving the thumbstick will move the cursor on screen, and this can be very useful of you’re playing an older game which doesn’t have support for a controller, or for when you’re navigating Windows from the comfort of your couch. The key feature of the G4s is that extended arm. It fits nicely into the controller and doesn’t get in the way when it is down. When extended it can quite happily hold any phones I tested with including the S7 , HTC M8 and M10. The arm doesn’t start to fall down and stays securely in place while gaming for prolonged periods of time.

Conclusion

In conclusion, I’m really impressed by the GameSir G4s. The entire gamepad is very well-made, buttons are tactile, and its battery life is fantastic. The advantage of the G4s controller is that it provides support for holding smartphones from 3.5-inch to 6-inch in 110-degree and 150-degrees respectively. Moreover, the integrated 2.4GHz wireless USB dongle helps you to play with Windows PC, PS3, and Android TV Box. You can not only work with the controller using smartphones but also with standard PCs.

The only disadvantage is it doesn’t work with iPhone. But if you are a iOS user then check out GameSir M2 for iOS. For the price ($49.99) https://gamesir.hk/collections/gamep...ts/gamesir-g4s of this gamepad, I don't believe it can be beat. And it seriously competes with gamepads costing much more. Gamesir G4s is an excellent gaming controller, which will satisfy your needs to become a professional gamer.

Last edited by testman78; 04-21-2018 at 09:24 AM.