Thread: Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster

Threaded View

Xtreme XIP

Angry Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster

Hi i need some help. I am also suffering this bug that when installing Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 + Creative X-Fi Titanium sound card it goes into oblivion of black screens crash , bsod and system is unresponsive. When installing a fresh / new installation from my usb thumb drive of the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 i get some weird black screen crash and system becomes unresponsive after installing the latest drivers from the creative website or Daniel K package for my Creative X-Fi Titanium pci-express sound card. After installation of the fresh OS i noticed it detects my X-Fi Titanium as a high definition audio device under device manager sound and not as an X-Fi sound card as previously on Windows 10 Creators Update 1703.

With Windows 10 Creators Update 1703 everything runs perfectly without a single problem with my Creative X-Fi Titanium , the problem started with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 , so the culprit of the problems is the Creative drivers and W10 Fall CU 1709 , as something has change in the way it detects audio devices and the drivers.

I have wrote to microsoft support for help and on the feedback hub from within windows but without luck so far :/ , this is frustrating as everything was working so good and great before the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. I have search the whole web for a week for a fix but i have not been unable to find one. As some other people who have posted here on this thread i also am running an AMD AM4 x370 / Ryzen set up.

If someone has found a fix for this huge problem please reply to me if possible so that i can use my Creative X-Fi soundcard again ( I'm Using Realtek Onboard sound and it is horrible , me do not like it ). Please help.

Hardware Configuration:
    --------------------------
    Asus Crosshair VI Hero x370 / AMD Ryzen 1700x / G.Skill 2x8GB DDR4 3200Mhz Cas 14 / Nvidia GTX 1080Ti / Crucial MX300 1TB SSD + WD Green 2TB HD / eVGA Supernova G3 1300w psu / and of course Creative X-Fi Titanium pci-express sound card.

Here is a link for this same problem reported at Microsoft support and on Creative Support website:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...c-6bcf7ada849a

http://forums.creative.com/showthread.php?t=742065

Kind Regards: Chispy
    Last edited by chispy; 11-14-2017 at 09:08 AM.