Thread: [News] Intel NUC Based on Intel+Vega MCM Leaked

[News] Intel NUC Based on Intel+Vega MCM Leaked

https://www.techpowerup.com/238654/i...ega-mcm-leaked

The first product based on Intel's ambitious "Kaby Lake-G" multi-chip module, which combines a quad-core "Kaby Lake-H" die with a graphics die based on AMD "Vega" architecture, will be a NUC (next unit of computing), and likely the spiritual successor to Intel's "Skull Canyon" NUC. The first picture of the motherboard of this NUC was leaked to the web, revealing a board that's only slightly smaller than the mini-ITX form-factor.

The board draws power from an external power brick, and appears to feature two distinct VRM areas for the CPU and GPU components of the "Kaby Lake-G" MCM SoC. The board feature two DDR4 SO-DIMM slots which are populated with dual-channel memory, and an M.2 NVMe slot, holding an SSD. There are two additional SATA 6 Gb/s ports, besides a plethora of other connectivity options.

Xtreme Addict
    Flying through Space, with armoire, Armoire of INVINCIBILATAAAAY!
    It's actually semi-custom Polaris.
    Sigs are obnoxious.

Quote Originally Posted by iddqd View Post
    the main difference is the memory controller that supports external addressing and on socket HBM, i dont see how the feature set would lend its self to polaris.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Addict
    Flying through Space, with armoire, Armoire of INVINCIBILATAAAAY!
    I very much doubt anyone would be insane enough to waste 15mm^2 of die real estate on HBCC for a mobile part that will never, ever do any kind of large scientific compute tasks. There are also many more differences between Polaris and Vega than the presence (or lack of) HBCC.
    Sigs are obnoxious.

they do have vega 11 and 21 with cut down features, i would bet it just means 5th gen GCN and the memory controller. on the NV side everything is pascal in the gp series, but the gp100 has way more cache and can do very different instruction sets than the 102 and lower.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by iddqd View Post
    How do we know this?
    Xeon E3-1245 @ Stock | Gigabyte H87N-Wifi | 16GB Crucial Ballistix LP @ 1600Mhz | R7 260x | Much and varied storage

I'll guess some concoction of hybrid Lexa GCN cores combined with Intel's latest version of hardware acceleration (AMDs 'UVD')

Any guesses on the silicon itself? It looks like Intel's eDRAM, the CPU/GPU chip, and the platform controller hub.