Thread: [News] Edge better at handling malware

[News] Edge better at handling malware

http://www.fudzilla.com/news/44718-e...ndling-malware

Microsoft's Edge easily beat rival browsers from Google and Mozilla in third party tests of the behind the scenes services which power anti-malware warnings and malicious website-blocking.

NSS Labs said Windows 10's default browser is better at blocking phishing and socially-engineered malware attacks than Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.

The outfit said Edge automatically blocked 92 percent of all in-browser credential phishing attempts and stymied all socially-engineered malware (SEM) attacks.

The latter encompassed a wide range of attacks, but their common characteristic was that they tried to trick users into downloading malicious code.

The tactics that SEM attackers deploy include links from social media, such as Facebook and Twitter, and bogus in-browser notifications of computer infections or other problems.

Edge decisively bested Chrome and Firefox by decisive margins. Chrome blocked 74 percent of all phishing attacks, and 88 percent of SEM attacks.

Meanwhile, Firefox came in third in both tests, stopping just 61 percent of the phishing attacks and 70 percent of all SEM attempts.

Chrome and Mozilla's Firefox rely on the Safe Browsing API, but historically Mozilla's implementation has performed poorly compared to Google's.

Xtreme Addict
    Flying through Space, with armoire, Armoire of INVINCIBILATAAAAY!
    Has Microsoft finally figured out how to design web browsers, after all these years?
    Sigs are obnoxious.

Xtreme Guru
    I really wanted to like Edge. I'm tired of Google knowing everything about me - and yet, even the latest version has been frustratingly slow to use lol.

I'm not surprised MS is pushing out stuff that is quietly more secure. They just need to work on the UX issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans de Vries View Post

JF-AMD posting: IPC increases!!!!!!! How many times did I tell you!!!

terrace215 post: IPC decreases, The more I post the more it decreases.
    .....}
    until (interrupt by Movieman)

Regards, Hans