Thread: [News] Intel Helps Retailers Digest Old Core K-series Inventory with Game Bundles

[News] Intel Helps Retailers Digest Old Core K-series Inventory with Game Bundles

https://www.techpowerup.com/237887/i...h-game-bundles

With the rather fast introduction of the Intel Core i7-8700K (just 9 months following the January 3rd launch of the i7-7700K), retailers are finding themselves with quite a bit of unsold i7-7700K (and even i7-6700K) inventory. Consumers are drawn to either the i7-8700K, or the competing AMD Ryzen processors. To help the market digest these unsold chips, Intel started a new game-bundle dubbed "Game Without Compromise."

Buyers of brand-new Core i7-7700K and i7-6700K processors will receive game keys to "Total War: Warhammer II" and "Assassins Creed: Origins," which is effectively a $100 value-addition to these $330 quad-core chips. It provides an upgrade path to users of the older 100-series/200-series chipset platform. As with most such game bundles, the "Game Without Compromise" bundle will be limited to select retailers.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Well that's cute. The irony is that anyone buying a quad core for gaming today IS making a compromise. But hey whatever.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by drmrlordx View Post
    Well that's cute. The irony is that anyone buying a quad core for gaming today IS making a compromise. But hey whatever.
    The result of high IQ consumers. Population increases, IQ decreases. Welcome to modern society in the information age LoL
    q9550 @ 444 x 8.5 1.3v - Venomous X
    p5q DLX
    Ocz RPR 1066 4 x 2g @ 1066
    eah5870 V2 @ 920/1250 - HR-03gt
    Antec Fusion Remote MAX
    Xonar HDAV1.3
    Ocz zx850w