Thread: [News] German Company to Sell Binned Core i7 8700K With 99.9% Silver Heatspreader

[News] German Company to Sell Binned Core i7 8700K With 99.9% Silver Heatspreader

https://www.techpowerup.com/237649/g...r-heatspreader

For those users who thought they'd like some silver with their Intel, german webshop Caseking has a product for you. The company has taken the binning concept that we've already seen with other webshops, which pass the onus of the silicon lottery towards themselves, and taken it to the next level. Caseking will offer Core i7 8700K products that have not only been binned towards achieving guaranteed speeds of 5 GHz, 5.1 GHz and 5.2 GHz, but they're also retrofitting these binned 8700K processors with a 99.9% purity silver heatspreader to improve operating temperatures for these guaranteed-overclocking processors.
    Caseking is basically testing batches of i7 8700K processors, delidding them, and then applying Thermal Grizzly's Conductonaut liquid metal thermal grease and the aforementioned silver heatspreader to improve operating temperatures as much as they can be. The company is doing this in partnership with overclocking poster child der8auer, and brands the silver IHS with both Caseking's and Der8auer's logo. The silver heatspreader versions of the Core i7 8700K are being sold as the Ultra Edition, and Caseking are asking a hefty premium for their binned CPUs: ?690 will get you an 8700K that is guaranteed to clock up to 5.0 GHz, ?750 will guarantee 5.1 GHz, and the premium of premiums (for now, we'd imagine) 5.2 GHz overclockable processor will cost ?870.

Xtreme Monster
    lol, 300 euros more for 1% performance more, that has to be a joke.

I am Xtreme
    What a waste. No wonder they are they only ones with stock.

On a side note, the new i3 8100 is just an insane deal IMO. I just speced out I usually replace my users workstations with refurbished dell 7010's with i5 quads single channel ram 128gb no name SSD etc for about 350 all in. I can build around the i3 8100 with ASRock mini itx, fractal mini itx, Samsung 256 me drive, 8gb dual channel ram for just over 500 bucks all in. Not bad for what would blow my users away speed wise compared to what they are used too.

Brilliant Idiot
    Want my opinion.

Its a great way for an overclocker to get access to bin the very very very best chips for himself.

My 2c do not waste your time trying to beat overclocker on ln2 on hwbot in this cpu sku especially with chips purchased from there

How do I know...its what I would do and I am about honest as they come but opportunity knocks...my buddies and I would have the best of the best.

Simple point wheres the 5.3 bin ?

Captain Obvious out.
    Last edited by chew*; 10-07-2017 at 08:53 PM.
    heatware chew*
    I've got no strings to hold me down.
    To make me fret, or make me frown.
    I had strings but now I'm free.
    There are no strings on me

it looks like 50 euros more for the silver, seems reasonable.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Addict
    Flying through Space, with armoire, Armoire of INVINCIBILATAAAAY!
    Quote Originally Posted by Metroid View Post
    lol, 300 euros more for 1% performance more, that has to be a joke.
    When did this website become cost-efficientsystems.org?
    Sigs are obnoxious.

Xtreme Monster
    Quote Originally Posted by iddqd View Post
    When did this website become cost-efficientsystems.org?
    if 5.2ghz was xtreme for this cpu then i would agree with you.

I am Xtreme
    Agree. With 4.9 looking like a weak oc on this chip paying double for 5.2 is crazy. I'm with chew I think it gives derbauer a great reason to try every chip that walks through the door and make some dough. Can't be mad at him for that if poeple are paying.

Xtreme Addict
    You buy the top 1% bin and then put it under LN. ...unless you think it's better to buy and return a 100 8700Ks yourself to find a golden sample for your WR runs?
    Sigs are obnoxious.

Brilliant Idiot
    I think your missing the point. You will never get the wr chip. But you might get a top 20

I never sold my best chips. I always sold the ones that were good...not the best.
    heatware chew*

Administrator
    I can think of many people I used to build rigs for that would be all over this, none of these are benchers. Funny how that is ...

great idea imo. i would say hes got a nice niche market there.
    i7 3610QM 1.2-3.2GHz

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by chew* View Post
    I think your missing the point. You will never get the wr chip. But you might get a top 20

I never sold my best chips. I always sold the ones that were good...not the best.
    But (to the best of my knowledge) you haven't tried to make a business out of selling binned chips, either. Maybe if you were just trying to live off the margins, you'd be willing to sell a WR chip.. or twenty .
    Sigs are obnoxious.

Brilliant Idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by iddqd View Post
    But (to the best of my knowledge) you haven't tried to make a business out of selling binned chips, either. Maybe if you were just trying to live off the margins, you'd be willing to sell a WR chip.. or twenty .
    Good marketing wise? I'd leak one.

Good marketing I'd bench one.

Then I'd rape other benchers for the 5.3 bin that magically does not exist privately after I found the 5.4 bin.

Reality check.

No one is in business to make friends.

You open a business to make money not break even.
    Last edited by chew*; 10-10-2017 at 01:10 AM.
    heatware chew*