Thread: [News] Inno3D Releases Two P106-090 768 CUDA Core Mining Cards

[News] Inno3D Releases Two P106-090 768 CUDA Core Mining Cards

https://www.techpowerup.com/237600/i...e-mining-cards

Hong Kong video card manufacturer Inno3D has launched two models of a new crypto currency mining card under the P106-090 name. The smaller of the two, featuring a reduced board size and a single heat sink fan, is known as the P106-090 3GB Compact, while the larger of the two features dual fans and is known as the P106-090 3GB Twin X2. These cards are based on the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 design, much like their bigger brothers the GP106-100 mining cards, but with some disabled CUDA cores to reduce power consumption. Both models will feature 768 CUDA cores, compared to the GP106-100's 1280. This means the CUDA core count is on par with the GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, but will retain the 192-bit memory bus of the 1060 design. This should enhance mining performance, as most crypto currency mining operations benefit greatly from increased memory bandwidth.

As the names suggest, both models will also feature only three gigabytes of GDDR5 memory, an interesting decision considering that many miners shy away from GPUs with less than four gigabytes of memory due to concerns that some currencies' DAG (Directed Acyclic Graph) size will reach over three gigabytes some time in the near future. The cards feature a TDP of just 75 Watts, much lower than the GP106-100 cards. Theoretically this would allow them to be powered exclusively by the PCI Express slot, though that would be hitting the peak power draw for PCI Express. Most miners will be using riser cables or boards anyway, making the external 6-pin power connector a necessity. This is still a relatively low power draw for such a card, especially compared to the P106-100 mining cards which command a TDP of 120 Watts, and should aid in mining efficiency. A 1354 MHz base clock with a boost clock of 1531 MHz, with a memory clock of 8000 MHz round out the specs for both cards.

Xtreme Guru
    I feel like no one would go for it. Odds are it would be just slightly cheaper than a GTX 1060, and at that point why not just get a 1060?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans de Vries View Post

JF-AMD posting: IPC increases!!!!!!! How many times did I tell you!!!

terrace215 post: IPC decreases, The more I post the more it decreases.
    .....}
    until (interrupt by Movieman)

Regards, Hans

Quote Originally Posted by AliG View Post
    I feel like no one would go for it. Odds are it would be just slightly cheaper than a GTX 1060, and at that point why not just get a 1060?
    if it has a guarantee of samsung ram maybe?
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Monster
    I guess it depends on price, right now return of investment is 36 months for the noobs and 24 months for the pro miners.

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Metroid View Post
    I guess it depends on price, right now return of investment is 36 months for the noobs and 24 months for the pro miners.
    So what's the point in that case? If your break even takes 24 months, why not just put your money in the stock market? Or if you're really passionate about crypto, put it in that?

I get that in theory every 24 months later you double your investment (which is really pretty good interest), but there's no guarantee crypto mining will be as profitable in 2 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans de Vries View Post

JF-AMD posting: IPC increases!!!!!!! How many times did I tell you!!!

.....}
    until (interrupt by Movieman)

Regards, Hans

Xtreme Monster
    Quote Originally Posted by AliG View Post
    So what's the point in that case? If your break even takes 24 months, why not just put your money in the stock market? Or if you're really passionate about crypto, put it in that?

I get that in theory every 24 months later you double your investment (which is really pretty good interest), but there's no guarantee crypto mining will be as profitable in 2 years.
    There is no point, gpu mining is for people who bought a gpu for gaming and they use for mining when not gaming then that is wise, buying gpus to mine only that is unwise, better to do as you said.

I guess the mining craze was just crazy, a huge rise in cryptocoins price and then miners bought all the gpus available at normal price and then you saw many fools getting to mine by buying rx 470 at $600 and now you see the outcome that they will never get that money back.
    Last edited by Metroid; 10-08-2017 at 12:59 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    1060s were pretty good mining cards about three months ago, when people discovered that they were cheap and bought up a bunch of them. So my guess is that Inno3D's release cycle is aimed at three months ago.

Difficulty went up and prices on the cards skyrocketed, making the price/return ration less good.

Still if they can sell this card at a price lower than a 1060 from three months ago (or earlier) then they might be on to something.