Thread: [News] AMD Enables Vega CrossFire with Upcoming 17.9.2 Drivers, Over 80% Scaling

[News] AMD Enables Vega CrossFire with Upcoming 17.9.2 Drivers, Over 80% Scaling

https://www.techpowerup.com/237211/a...ver-80-scaling

AMD announced today they are bring multi-GPU support for RX Vega 64 and RX Vega 56 with their upcoming Radeon Crimson ReLive Edition 17.9.2 drivers. This CrossFire support is for two GPUs only, so it appears AMD is going on the same path as NVIDIA in not having official support for three or more GPUs, which by itself is a point of discussion. Note that these drivers are not out yet, and this announcement serves to alert the user base to what is coming up.

AMD also provided a (low resolution, we are working on a suitable replacement) internal result chart comparing gaming performance with average FPS as the metric, for two RX Vega 64 cards relative to one. We see very impressive scaling in some games such as Far Cry Primal, Metro Last Night Redux, Sniper Elite 4, and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt a performance increase of more than 80 percent compared to the single GPU performance. As usual, take these numbers as an indication of how things go since we do not have more details available on the testing methodology at this point either. Lastly, no word yet on what else has changed with these drivers but hopefully AMD have addressed the ongoing bugs with Overwatch at the very least.

Xtreme Guru
    Yeah but does it mine Crysis 80% faster?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans de Vries View Post

JF-AMD posting: IPC increases!!!!!!! How many times did I tell you!!!

terrace215 post: IPC decreases, The more I post the more it decreases.
    .....}
    until (interrupt by Movieman)

Regards, Hans

so they are claiming the same scaling as the 3 gens, what a surprise.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Odd. I thought they were essentially abandoning multiGPU from Vega forward.

Quote Originally Posted by drmrlordx View Post
    Odd. I thought they were essentially abandoning multiGPU from Vega forward.
    they said they would not be pushing traditional crossfire and wanted to find UMA (unified memory access) based multi gpu that treated all of the cards/gpu as one big gpu. the current vega setup does not use their remote memory feature yet, so i would guess that is a gen or two away from their next gen mutli gpu system.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi