Thread: Windows 10 Fall Creators Update to Bring Privacy Enhancements

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update to Bring Privacy Enhancements

https://www.techpowerup.com/237031/w...y-enhancements

Do you remember those times where your privacy wasn't such a concern? Where you could freely navigate through the world, and not have to worry if your apps, browsers, extensions, or operating systems weren't collecting way more data than you wanted them to? It seems eons behind us, now, but it's the world we've been living in - and the world we've been building up to with our choices as consumers. Now, consumers have to fight for almost every last scrap of privacy dignity we can expect to achieve.

Microsoft, through a blog post, has stated that they are continuing to assess and address privacy concerns users might have regarding how and when the operating system which is being hailed as the last major Microsoft OS release collects user information. Specifically, Microsoft states that "Continuing with our commitment to privacy and data control, today we're announcing privacy enhancements coming to the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update for consumers and commercial customers that further increase your access to information and provides you more control over what information is collected."

Xtreme Cruncher
    Privacy from everyone but Microsoft lol
    24/7 Cruncher #1
    Crosshair VII Hero, Ryzen 3900X, 4.0 GHz @ 1.225v, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 AIO, 4x8GB GSKILL 3600MHz C15, ASUS TUF 3090 OC
    Samsung 980 1TB NVMe, Samsung 870 QVO 1TB, 2x10TB WD Red RAID1, Win 10 Pro, Enthoo Luxe TG, EVGA SuperNOVA 1200W P2

24/7 Cruncher #2
    ASRock X470 Taichi, Ryzen 3900X, 4.0 GHz @ 1.225v, Arctic Liquid Freezer 280 AIO, 2x16GB GSKILL NEO 3600MHz C16, EVGA 3080ti FTW3 Ultra
    Samsung 970 EVO 250GB NVMe, Samsung 870 EVO 500GBWin 10 Ent, Enthoo Pro, Seasonic FOCUS Plus 850W

24/7 Cruncher #3
    GA-P67A-UD4-B3 BIOS F8 mod, 2600k (L051B138) @ 4.5 GHz, 1.260v full load, Arctic Liquid 120, (Boots Win @ 5.6 GHz per Massman binning)
    Samsung Green 4x4GB @2133 C10, EVGA 2080ti FTW3 Hybrid, Samsung 870 EVO 500GB, 2x1TB WD Red RAID1, Win10 Ent, Rosewill Rise, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W G2

24/7 Cruncher #4 ... Crucial M225 64GB SSD Donated to Endurance Testing (Died at 968 TB of writes...no that is not a typo!)
    GA-EP45T-UD3LR BIOS F10 modded, Q6600 G0 VID 1.212 (L731B536), 3.6 GHz 9x400 @ 1.312v full load, Zerotherm Zen FZ120
    OCZ 2x2GB DDR3-1600MHz C7, Gigabyte 7950 @1200/1250, Crucial MX100 128GB, 2x1TB WD Red RAID1, Win10 Ent, Centurion 590, XFX PRO650W

Music System
    SB Server->SB Touch w/Android Tablet as a remote->Denon AVR-X3300W->JBL Studio Series Floorstanding Speakers, JBL LS Center, 2x SVS SB-2000 Subs

Xtreme Addict
    No to mention some of my app not working anymore........surprise surprise

I've 'kin had it with sucky W10 and will be using mint now
    lots and lots of cores and lots and lots of tuners,HTPC's boards,cases,HDD's,vga's,DDR1&2&3 etc etc all powered by Corsair PSU's

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha0ne View Post
    No to mention some of my app not working anymore........surprise surprise :shakes:

I've 'kin had it with sucky W10 and will be using mint now
    So you went ahead and installed the preview and had issues ?
    The Windows 10 Fall Creators Update does not get released until Oct 17th
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	80 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	132445   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture2.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	132446  
    Last edited by Buckeye; 09-16-2017 at 06:40 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
    So you went ahead and installed the preview and had issues ?
    My picture editing rig (2500K, 16GB DDR, 7970 GPU) with W10 did a security update (kb4038782) + adobe flash player on the 13/08/17 and has been and has been acting up since with lock ups and much slower response times which were previously instantaneous

It may have nothing to do with said updates so I might just re-install the latest iso or maybe just flash an older saved build but apart from the faster boot and shutdowns since installing W10 I feel I've lost control of the every day running of the OS
    lots and lots of cores and lots and lots of tuners,HTPC's boards,cases,HDD's,vga's,DDR1&2&3 etc etc all powered by Corsair PSU's

Administrator
    If you can, restore to a backup before the update and see how it is, I suspect its Adobe Flash Player acting up.

If you are running an 2500K your rig is a bit dated, the motherboard that is. Check to see if any driver updates are floating around. What motherboard are you using ?

I installed the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update preview and so far no issues... <knocks on wood>.

Xtreme Addict
    Using an Asrock Z77 Extreme4

Yes its old but certainly will never be worth the incremental updates/performance gains the intel offer @ premium $$$$$

It seems much more responsive today but still not what I'm used to eg instantaneous response

I'll be switching back to AMD next year fo my main rig.............................. thats if I have any $$$ left after buying the grandkids xmas pressies

Administrator
    Yeah if you upgraded every year it would not be worth it.
    But if you upgraded now it certianly would be. AMD is not bad now, take a look at Threadripper.

But yeah, upgrading is costly no matter what. Grandkids come first !

waiting for the next gen threadripper....

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by StyM View Post
    waiting for the next gen threadripper....
    Agreed !
    Or at the very least... dual socket EPYC Workstation boards.

Ok just to update here... I went ahead and installed Windows 10 Fall Creators Update preview. Strange things happening which I am not 100% sure if its because of my computer or the update.
    I was working away yesterday then out of the blue a system crash happen, it resulted in a Green Screen with a driver irql_less_or_not_equa error.

I went strange and restarted. My system would not boot

Tried all kinds of things, no go.

My system is
    ASUS Z10PE-D16 WS, 2x E5-2699v3, 256GB RAM, ASUS Strix GTX1080 Ti, Windows 10 Pro, OS drive: Samsung 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD.

BIOS check showed everything normal. I took out the SSD and tried on my X99 platform and everything worked great. Strange...

Ran Arconis restore to the lastest restore point of 10am that same day... would not boot

Finally reflashed the BIOS to latest version, was only 2 versions behind so not that bad... YEAH system booted
    Fully updated all the drivers from ASUS website.

It still seems to act strange, will see if anymore crashes happen today... I wonder if the battery is going out, could be. Will replace that later on today.