Thread: [News] Bitcoin Value Plummets Following BTC China Shutdown Announcement

[News] Bitcoin Value Plummets Following BTC China Shutdown Announcement

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/bit...own,35459.html

The price of bitcoin took a significant dive Thursday morning following the announcement of a major Hong Kong-based cryptocurrency exchange. BTC China said it would close its doors on September 30, citing new rules from Chinese regulators.

2017 has so far been a whirlwind year for cryptocurrencies. Earlier this this year, Ethereum gained international notoriety following a runaway increase in value that triggered a frantic GPU purchasing spree that left the PC gaming world reeling over graphics card availability and rampant price increases.

While Ethereum miners enjoyed massive gains from their mining operations, cryptocurrency traders also enjoyed wins in their portfolios as the value of the most popular altcoins increased alongside Ethereum. The value of Bitcoin, the granddaddy of all cryptocurrency, also shot up significantly this year. One year ago, Bitcoin was trading for around $600. On September 1, 2017, Bitcoin peaked at just shy of $5,000 per unit.
    Things were looking up for Bitcoin traders for most of 2017, but as they say, all good things come to an end. On September 2, Chinese regulatory authorities announced that initial coin offerings (ICOs) are considered illegal, and the country banned projects that receive funding through the practice.

The news of China?s crackdown on cryptocurrency fundraising didn?t immediately cause a panic, but it put the China-based cryptocurrency exchanges on notice, and following ?careful consideration,? one of China?s largest exchanges decided to call it quits. BTC China sent a tweet today indicating that the exchange would halt its operations at the end of the month.

Xtreme Guru
    Actually all Chinese exchanges have until the end of today to either announce whether they will shutdown or comply with ICO rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans de Vries View Post

JF-AMD posting: IPC increases!!!!!!! How many times did I tell you!!!

terrace215 post: IPC decreases, The more I post the more it decreases.
    .....}
    until (interrupt by Movieman)

Regards, Hans

Xtreme Addict
    One can only hope that this "mining for $$" thing goes down like the Hindenburg did in Jersey......
    X299X Aorus Master
    I9 10920x
    32gb Crucial Ballistix DDR4-4000
    EVGA 2070 Super x2
    Samsung 960 EVO 500GB
    4 512gb Silicon Power NVME
    4 480 Adata SSD
    2 1tb HGST 7200rpm 2.5 drives
    X-Fi Titanium
    1200 watt Lepa
    Custom water-cooled View 51TG

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Today was a perfect date to play cryptocurrency exchange ( I'll call it COREX )
    Bitcoin went as low as $2980, and in a few hours it went up to $3809 and if I'm allowed to make a prediction, it will get back up to $4200-4400 in 3-5 days from today.
    Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Xtreme Enthusiast
    It probably will. The Chinese did have a lot of money in crypto, but it's nothing compared to the institutional investors that want to get in once things stabilize.