Thread: [News] Lian Li: We Don?t Need No Stinking Tempered Glass (Or RGB Lighting)!

[News] Lian Li: We Don?t Need No Stinking Tempered Glass (Or RGB Lighting)!

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/lia...720,35463.html

Lian Li is returning to its roots with a new line of all aluminum PC chassis. The PC-Q50, PC-V320, and PC-V720 all feature what the company calls a "motherboard-centric design principle." Simply put, these chassis were built with the motherboard tray as the focal point of the design. Those of you who require RGB-lighting and tempered glass panels need not apply.
    In a time of tempered glass and RGB lighting, Lian Li?s new cases offer a return to classic PC chassis, crafted with high-quality materials and offering a spacious solution to high-performance builds for regular desktop and HTPC use.
    The design of these new aluminum chassis allows them to be used in a traditional vertical arrangement or positioned horizontally for use as an HTPC. All three chassis come equipped with a USB 3.1 Type-C connector on the front panel and can be ordered with either a gray or black anodized finish.

The PC-Q50 is the smallest of the three chassis, measuring just 170 x 285 x 360mm (WxHxD). This mini chassis is designed for use with Mini-ITX motherboards and features only two expansion slots. The chassis supports CPU coolers as tall as 140mm, graphics cards up to 320mm, and small form factor power supplies up to 160mm in length.

The slightly larger PC-V320 is still considered small for a mid-tower chassis. Even so, this case supports up to Micro-ATX motherboards, is equipped with twice the amount of expansion slots as the PC-Q50, and can accommodate ATX PSUs up to 150mm and GPUs as long as 400mm.

The largest of the three chassis is the PC-V720. Although this case is classified as a mid-tower chassis, it's significantly larger than the PC-V320. This chassis can be equipped with up to full-sized ATX motherboards and features a total of seven expansion slots and support for 400mm GPUs and ATX power supplies up to 160mm long.

Xtreme Guru
    Wat.

The whole point of buying a Lian Li chassis was they looked beautiful. This is just expensive for the sake of being expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans de Vries View Post

JF-AMD posting: IPC increases!!!!!!! How many times did I tell you!!!

terrace215 post: IPC decreases, The more I post the more it decreases.
    .....}
    until (interrupt by Movieman)

Regards, Hans

Quote Originally Posted by AliG View Post
    Wat.

The whole point of buying a Lian Li chassis was they looked beautiful. This is just expensive for the sake of being expensive.
    That is what Lian Li was years ago, originally. Expensive and plain. Never had windows or anything at first. At least these still look a little nicer than those old ones, and they didn't regress on their airflow design improvements (they stuck with 80mm fans for far too long back then!).
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

I am Xtreme
    I loved that PC80 case! (Or was the midtowerPC-60?) The Mobo tray that came out was the original bench table. Still have it. The removable HDD cage and the slide in PSU from the rear made it a dream to work in. I drilled the rivets out.of it made the thing completely modular, if they made it today I would probably get it right now.

Funny a press release about a Mobo centric case only has exterior pics...