Thread: [News] RX Vega Achieves 43 MH/s @ 130 W in Ethereum Mining

[News] RX Vega Achieves 43 MH/s @ 130 W in Ethereum Mining

https://www.techpowerup.com/236748/r...thereum-mining

AMD's RX Vega is more along the lines of an original computing card that was moved over to the consumer segment for gaming workloads than the other way around. Raja Koduri himself has said something along those lines (extrapolating a little more than what he can actually say), and that much can be gleaned with at least a modicum of confidence through AMD's market positioning and overall computing push. In the argument between gamers and miners, Raja Koduri didn't have all that much to say, but for AMD, a sale is a sale, and it would seem that after some tweaking, RX Vega graphics cards can achieve much increased levels of mining efficiency than their Polaris counterparts, further showing how Vega handles compute workloads much better - and more efficiently - than traditional gaming ones.

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    This has gotten debunked.
    It draws 219 or 249W ( can't remember which of the two numbers is the correct one ) as tested with a wall meter ( the redditor was basing his power draw via software which has been proved to be totally inaccurate )
    Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by BenchZowner View Post
    This has gotten debunked.
    It draws 219 or 249W ( can't remember which of the two numbers is the correct one ) as tested with a wall meter ( the redditor was basing his power draw via software which has been proved to be totally inaccurate )
    Not really, in the wccftech article you mentioned, there is update3, an excerpt:
    [UPDATE 3 9:42 PM Monday, September 4, 2017 Eastern Time (ET)]
    The reddittor updated his post with additional measurements and screenshots after his results were being called into question. He has now published power readings from the wall to prove his 130 watt per card figure.

Each Vega 64 card has been configured to run at 1000 MHz Core and 1100 MHz HBM with a power target of -24%.

Idle power with undervolted core and overclocked HBM, 2 RX Vega 64 air cards.

The power pulled from the wall by the entire system at idle is 158.5 watts and at load amounts to 445 watts. That?s a delta of 286.5 watts which rounds up to just over 143 watts per card.
    But no matter if its 130W or 200W for 40MH/s. Vega is the best card for mining now.
    Intel 5960X@4.2Ghz[Prime stable]@4.5 [XTU stable] 1.24v NB@3.6ghz Asrock X99 Extreme 3 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance@3200 16-17-17
    Sapphire nitro+ VEGA 56 Samsung SSD 850 256GB Crucial MX100 512GB HDD:WD10TB WD:8TB Seagate8TB

Xtreme Guru
    Eitherway, it doesn't really matter. You can't find a Vega card for anything close to MSRP - in fact, the cheapest I see on amazon right now is $1049.

Just get a GTX 1080 Ti. It's significantly cheaper, better in games, and still mines relatively efficiently (if you're into that type of thing).
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans de Vries View Post

JF-AMD posting: IPC increases!!!!!!! How many times did I tell you!!!

terrace215 post: IPC decreases, The more I post the more it decreases.
    .....}
    until (interrupt by Movieman)

Regards, Hans

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by AliG View Post
    Eitherway, it doesn't really matter. You can't find a Vega card for anything close to MSRP - in fact, the cheapest I see on amazon right now is $1049.

Just get a GTX 1080 Ti. It's significantly cheaper, better in games, and still mines relatively efficiently (if you're into that type of thing).
    Thing is, i can get vega 56 for similar price as a 1070 (which is also price inflated as its best nvidia mining card) , pretty much only reason i dont is because i dont intend to watercool, so a reference cooler sucks.
    Btw amazon has some weird ass prices, ive seen rx 480 for 1000E.And no, street price isnt similar .
    Intel 5960X@4.2Ghz[Prime stable]@4.5 [XTU stable] 1.24v NB@3.6ghz Asrock X99 Extreme 3 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance@3200 16-17-17
    Sapphire nitro+ VEGA 56 Samsung SSD 850 256GB Crucial MX100 512GB HDD:WD10TB WD:8TB Seagate8TB

was able to buy a 1080 for 449$ brand new, damn missed those kind of deal...

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by vario View Post
    Thing is, i can get vega 56 for similar price as a 1070 (which is also price inflated as its best nvidia mining card) , pretty much only reason i dont is because i dont intend to watercool, so a reference cooler sucks.
    Btw amazon has some weird ass prices, ive seen rx 480 for 1000E.And no, street price isnt similar .
    But where? Vega 56 is either sold out or obscenely priced everywhere right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans de Vries View Post

JF-AMD posting: IPC increases!!!!!!! How many times did I tell you!!!

.....}
    until (interrupt by Movieman)

Regards, Hans

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by AliG View Post
    But where? Vega 56 is either sold out or obscenely priced everywhere right now.
    Well its pretty hard now as there was only one batch of 56, but during the release and few days beofre you could order them at near launch prices, and a week after that they were in stock for 100$ more (these game deals).Right now they are on ebay.And few other places.
    https://www.vibuonline.de/product_in...P_1189075.html
    https://www.drivecity.de/product_inf...P_1189075.html
    https://www.mindfactory.de/product_i...P_1189075.html
    https://www.caseking.de/sapphire-rad...n=psm/geizhals

I could go on, some are preorders, some are in stock or 1-3 days availability. Price while may seem high , but similar as 1070.
    Price in EU has VAT included.
    Ebay from states
    http://www.ebay.pl/itm/MSI-AMD-Radeo...0AAOSw9LxZrtje