Thread: [News] AMD kicks Intel's ass: AMD overtakes Intel CPU sales!

[News] AMD kicks Intel's ass: AMD overtakes Intel CPU sales!

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/59000...les/index.html

The best-selling Ryzen CPU seems to be the Ryzen 5 1600, a 6C/12T processor that is actually a massive bang for buck champion at only $220. The Ryzen 7 1700, Ryzen 5 1600X, and Ryzen 7 1700X are all second, third, and fourth, respectively. The majority of Intel's sales are coming from their Core i7-7700K processor, but with AMD seemingly taking out the rest of the best-selling CPU positions, does it matter? Intel have continued to react to AMD for the entire year, after what seemed like blindness to AMD being a big competitor earlier this year. The pain will continue, as Intel confuses more gamers and consumers with new CPU architecture releases, new chipsets with VRM problems, and gimped chipsets like X299.

I am Xtreme
    I think a lot of people, myself included are curious what coffee lake brings. I've been with my 6700k which feels like forever and my upgrade path if I were to go with current Intel offerings is a 7700k which is very marginal improvement, or something like a 7800 or 7820 to get some more cores and bandwidth at a high premium, on a platform that may only be around for one generation. Coffee lake offering 6core for less than a 2055 platform seems like a good bet. Maybe by then you will actually be able to buy a high end video card LOL. The article hit it on the head when it said that Intel buyers are confused. I know I am.

Xtreme Addict
    Teawktown block addblock users ... People that talk about their website make them growing, even it's a addblock user. Just stupid ...

I read somewhere it's not world but germany only. Is that correct ? And there is only Jully and August months ... Even it's impressive. It's mostly hollydays here in europe. I doubt it's really something that will stay for long.

Quote Originally Posted by madcho View Post
    Teawktown block addblock users ... People that talk about their website make them growing, even it's a addblock user. Just stupid ...

I read somewhere it's not world but germany only. Is that correct ? And there is only Jully and August months ... Even it's impressive. It's mostly hollydays here in europe. I doubt it's really something that will stay for long.
    works fine with ublock origin and ghostery

this is also only for the major enthusiast etailer in germany. so one large site.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Addict
    Flying through Space, with armoire, Armoire of INVINCIBILATAAAAY!
    It turns out that people who visit sites that attempt to block their content unless you stop using adblockers... mostly just give up and go elsewhere, rather than disable adblocking. I suggest you do the same.
    Sigs are obnoxious.

Administrator
    Doesn't block me.
    I have Kaspersky and Malwarebytes blocking ad's so I do not see any on the site.

I am Xtreme
    So uh those CPUs huh?