Thread: [News] Linksys announces WRT32X A Killer Gaming Router

[News] Linksys announces WRT32X A Killer Gaming Router

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/lin...ng-router.html

Linksys reveals their new dual-band 802.11ac Linksys WRT gaming edition router with the WRT32X, it is a shared esign with the guys from KillerNIC. Ergo gaming packets get prioritized.

The 329.99 euro router supports the 2.4 and 5GHz and bands and is based on a 1.8Ghz dualcore ARM processor, suitable for open source OpenWrt software. The mu-mimo device comes with four antennas and 5 ethernet ports next to a USB 3.0 and a combined esata / usb connector. This first of its kind collaboration, Linksys and Rivet Networks teamed to incorporate the Killer Prioritization Engine (KPE).

The KPE optimizes traffic for low latency and less lag and ensures that the Killer-enabled PC?s gaming, audio, and video is fast and smooth, while simultaneously managing other online traffic in the home to ensure other devices and activities are not compromised. The new firmware and graphical user interface (GUI) was also custom-built from the ground up with a focus on monitoring and controlling gaming network traffic. The Linksys WRT32X is available for pre-order starting today and plans to ship starting in September 2017.
    Integrating Killer Networking technology to the WRT32X is a huge win for gamers" said Bob Grim, vice president of marketing and business development at Rivet Networks. "For the first time, Gamers will have a router that is designed specifically to work with their Killer-enabled PCs to identify and prioritize important gaming network traffic and ensure their online gaming experience is fast and smooth no matter what else is going on in their home network."
    The Killer Prioritization Engine (KPE) The WRT32X utilizes the Killer Prioritization Engine (KPE) to determine which devices are connected to the router that are enabled with and using Killer Networking hardware. This hardware can be found in gaming and performance PCs and motherboards from companies like Dell? (Both Alienware and XPS models), Gigabyte, MSI, or Razer, as well as Acer?, Lenovo?, and more.
    The KPE works in tandem with Killer-enabled computers to prioritize important gaming and video networking traffic above other devices in the home. When a user starts a game, the Killer hardware on the PC communicates with the router and tells the router to treat the gaming packets special and with high priority. If the network is bogged down from other users, the WRT32X is able to keep the gameplay fast and smooth because it prioritizes the Killer game traffic above other traffic in the home. Conversely, the PC also communicates to the router when a less important activity is taking place (like a download) so that the router won't let the download impact the Internet experience of other users in the home.

Xtreme Member
    where are RGB's? I need to know when my router switches to gaming mode, so I can look cool to myself
    my mini-fridge
    MoBo: GA-EP45-UD3P | CPU: Q9550 3.6GHZ @ 1.216v | RAM: 4x1GB 900mhz @ 5-5-5-15 | GPU: GTX 460 900G/1800S/4400M | PSU: Corsair 750TX| HDD's: Seagate 320GB + 500GB, Samsung 1TB | Case: antec p180