Thread: [News] Asus ROG Strix XG27VQ 27-inch gaming monitor announced

[News] Asus ROG Strix XG27VQ 27-inch gaming monitor announced

http://hexus.net/tech/news/monitors/...tor-announced/

Asus ROG has announced the Strix XG27VQ 27-inch gaming monitor. This new monitor is the first in an all new XG series from Asus ROG - "gaming monitors designed especially for professional gamers". Headline qualities of this 1800R curved Full HD monitor are; the maximum refresh rate of 144Hz, Asus-exclusive Extreme Low Motion Blur tech, plus Adaptive-Sync (FreeSync). We first saw the Asus ROG Strix XG27VQ at Computex a couple of months back. At that time it was listed alongside a similar 32-inch 2K WQHD curved monitor with a 21:9 aspect ratio, the ROG Strix XG32VQ.

Xtreme Addict
    Flying through Space, with armoire, Armoire of INVINCIBILATAAAAY!
    1080p at 27"? disgusting.
    Sigs are obnoxious.

Xtreme Member
    Maybe I'm wrong, but this seems to me to not really be anything too new?

I see a lot of these new monitor announcements, but nothing really seems to stand out as surprising to me. Most of these new monitors just can't 'do it all' (IPS, high refresh, high res, g/free sync, maybe wide/curved). They're all lacking in some way which just makes me feel like they're not anything too new or impressive, just another product to the lineup.

I feel like I'd only consider a proper monitor upgrade when GPU power and monitors start hitting 4k at 120hz+ on IPS.

If wide/curved is some kind of standard by that point, then so be it. But currently those don't phase me.
    Core i7 7700K| ASUS Z270F | 16Gb DDR4 | GTX1080Ti | Watercooled CPU+GPU | 512GB 950Pro
    So why is it customary to post specs in sigs anyway?

Nursing Student -or- Beta Testing Escape From Tarkov
    I hope this isn't a change up from the ROG SWIFT PG27VQ announced earlier this year and that this is a different model.

The ROG SWIFT PG27VQ is supposed similiar specs but be an IPS, 1440p resolution, and Nvidia G-Sync. I was looking for more information about that model in the future as would be nearly the "perfect" gaming monitor if not going for 4K.
    Intel Core i7 7700K | MSI Z270 XPOWER G.T. | EVGA 1080Ti SC2 | 16GB DDR4 G.Skill Trident Z 3200 | Samsung S27A950D | 3 x Samsung 850 EVO (250GB, 2 x 2TB) | EVGA Supernova P2 1200w | Coolermaster Cosmos II