Thread: [News] NVIDIA ramps up 12nm production for next-gen Volta GPUs

[News] NVIDIA ramps up 12nm production for next-gen Volta GPUs

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/58749/...pus/index.html

NVIDIA's upcoming 12nm production will be ready for next-gen Volta-based GeForce graphics cards that will be released early 2018, and even possibly teased earlier than that. NVIDIA has already released Volta in the form of the AI-ready Tesla V100 graphics accelerator, but it looks like we'll see the 12nm FinFET process and Volta, and I'm sure GDDR6, in early 2018. Starting in Q4, the company will ramp up 12nm Volta GPU production preparing for the big next-gen GeForce launch. It was only just recently that NVIDIA founder and CEO Jen-Hsun Huang talking to investors, where he said that gamers shouldn't expect a Volta-based GeForce until the end of 2017 or early 2018. Huang said that "Pascal is just unbeatable", and even with Vega here from AMD, I still agree. Huang continued: "Volta for gaming, we haven't announced anything. And all I can say is that our pipeline is filled with some exciting new toys for the gamers, and we have some really exciting new technology to offer them in the pipeline. But for the holiday season for the foreseeable future, I think Pascal is just unbeatable".

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Intel 8700k
    16GB
    Asus z370 Prime
    1080 Ti
    x2 Samsung 850Evo 500GB
    x 1 500 Samsung 860Evo NVME

Swiftech Apogee XL2
    Swiftech MCP35X x2
    Full Cover GPU blocks
    360 x1, 280 x1, 240 x1, 120 x1 Radiators

Xtreme Monster
    Earlier than I expected.
    Last edited by Metroid; 08-15-2017 at 03:54 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Damn, those pointless articles...

Xtreme Addict
    Flying through Space, with armoire, Armoire of INVINCIBILATAAAAY!
    Even if they're sitting on a bunch of Volta GPUs right now, they can't sell them because the GDDR6 memory won't be ready until the end of Q1 2018 (assuming SK Hynix doesn't mess anything up). Can't really sell GPUs with no memory, can you?
    Sigs are obnoxious.