Thread: So I heard

Xtreme Enthusiast

So I heard

AMD released this thing called Vega.

Um.

Do they have a pack with just monitor + GPU? I already have R7 1800x + Taichi, don't want another chip + board. The individual cards are sold out.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Nevermind, found the monitor pack. So they want people to buy the Samsung C34F791. Talk about an expensive monitor! And it's not even 1 ms response time.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    hahahah and now the monitor is sold out on Newegg. So pathetic.

that monitor is garbage anyways. they also said they were looking into how to make the rebate work with old purchases, but i have not heard anything about something getting done.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Brilliant Idiot
    I would not mind a bundle with just any TR board...
    heatware chew*
    I've got no strings to hold me down.
    To make me fret, or make me frown.
    I had strings but now I'm free.
    There are no strings on me

The whole RX Vega 64 launch is a paper launch. Perhaps 5 to 10 thousand gpus available for sale globally. Newegg sold out in LESS than 10 minutes perhaps they had 1000 gpus for sale. This was no accident. It was a deliberate strategy so AMD could then raise after launch MSRP to $599 from $499 launch day. So they limited distribution for launch day and subsidized their e sellers to the tune of $100 per gpu (black shroud). Real availability will be in another week to ten days. The only gpus available now are for combo offers that are wholly unattractive. I already own a 4k freesync Samsung monitor and have no interest in their bogus promotion. The lack of transparency by AMD on the MSRP pricing on the black shroud air cooled 64 was a slap in the face to their enthusiast user-base and can only be characterized as complete deception. I had no intention of buying the $599 card and am waiting for availability of the liquid cooled card.
    I believe AMD intends to pull the same crap with the Vega 56 launch. The $399 price will be for a carefully controlled volume of cards on launch day only. Then the Vega 56 will have the real MSRP of $499. Bad news for users and most cards will be priced out of their means. Miners will be taking the lion's share as the performance leaves much to be desired for gaming. The card will eventually perform better than now but will require a revision to get the power down to an acceptable level.
    Last edited by os2wiz; 08-17-2017 at 08:40 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Availability is still low. $690 is the lowest I can find for any RX Vega 64 retail.