Thread: [News] Illinois worried about Fox-con

[News] Illinois worried about Fox-con

http://www.fudzilla.com/news/44255-i...-about-fox-con

The ?great deal? which would see Foxconn open a show factory in the US is laced with so many sweeteners it looks like it will be a quarter of century before Illinois will see any benefit.

In fact, the whole thing looks like public money being given to a foreign company with rather little benefit for anyone other than Donald (Prince of Orange) Trump?s spinners, Apple and Foxconn.

For those who have added up the numbers, the non-partisan Legislative Fiscal Bureau say that if Foxconn keeps its commitment to build a $10 billion plant and hire 13,000 people and Illinois employees make up 10 percent of the workforce, the money the state invested will not be returned until 2045.

The analysis got to lawmakers Tuesday, two days before a planned committee vote. Democrats said the new details made them more likely to vote no.

Rep. David Crowley, D-Milwaukee said: "I think we really need to put the brakes on this, really slow down and vet this bill to make sure we get the right deal for Wisconsinites."
    Governor Scott Walker claims the deal is "transformational" and is more than the effect on tax revenue.

Locals also are wondering if the deal is worth it. Foxconn was the focus of a town hall meeting in Milwaukee Tuesday night - where some asked whether it's worth it.

Foxconn CEO Terry Gou, and Gov. Scott Walker signed a memorandum of understanding for new manufacturing campus in Wisconsin but the more details come out the worse the deal looks.

To get Foxconn to the area will cost Wisconsinites $3 billion. Which seems rather a lot for just 1,300 local jobs.

Walker said that the state will get some of its money back from income taxes for the 13,000 people that will get on average $53,000/a year plus benefits. However that still means waiting 25 years for a return.

Walker said it's an investment that will change the state.

Xtreme Addict
    Flying through Space, with armoire, Armoire of INVINCIBILATAAAAY!
    Not sure what Illinois has to do with anything.
    Anyway, Foxconn does this all the time. They promise to build a factory, get some incentive money, and do nothing. Factory never gets built. They already promised such factories in Pennsylvania, Indonesia, Vietnam and India. I don't see why this time would be any different.
    Sigs are obnoxious.

Xtreme Guru
    Just as importantly, there's 0 guarantee that factory remains operational long enough generate tax payers a dividend. That estimate claims 25 years of full production are necessary - there should ironclad guarantees in that contract to make sure the plant meets this requirement.

Otherwise what's the point? $3 Billion could be easily spent on things that pay an immediate impact. That even includes training people for skilled trades. Unskilled labor doesn't really have a future anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans de Vries View Post

JF-AMD posting: IPC increases!!!!!!! How many times did I tell you!!!

terrace215 post: IPC decreases, The more I post the more it decreases.
    .....}
    until (interrupt by Movieman)

Regards, Hans

Quote Originally Posted by iddqd View Post
    Not sure what Illinois has to do with anything.
    they have huge pollution problems in the lake from Wisconsin and Michigan.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi