Thread: Brainwavz Truss

Xtreme Reviewer

Brainwavz Truss

Introduction

A headphone stand or headphone hanger is not something many people will put thought into but when you have gear as expensive as it can be in the Audiophile headphone hobby simply chucking your perfect headphones in a drawer simply won't do. You need something better, something to keep them safe yet close to hand. You don't want to mess about with making DIY headphone stand or spend a fortune on a an elaborate stand solution. What about a better way to store your headphones, a headphone hanger perhaps?Enter the Brainwavz Truss.The Brainwavz Truss is a headphones hanger specifically designed to hang not one, but two headphones.

Specifications.

Packaging & Bundle

First look at the box and it's a plain, tidy affair. Translucent plastic box, fair bit of weight in it too.The Truss came in a small package, and didn't waste any space making it look bigger than it actually is.No screws or tools are requires for installation.

Despite that, I actually like the plastic packaging, and think it's fitting for the Truss to come in that. It definitely looks more expensive that a $18 accessory, and looks nicer than packages I've received 3 times the price. Well done.

A Closer Look

The main body is cast, which is a nice touch and I liked the construction of the cradles. Very solid.

There are no sharp edges on the holder itself-however the four screws are straight edged.

Shaped like an elongated anchor, the Truss can hang two headphones simultaneously. The hooked ends prevent the headphones from slipping away.

At 45 x 50 mm each, the metal plate should be able to accommodate the width of most headbands.

Installation also couldn't be any easier. Find an appropriate smooth surface (preferably one that faces down), ensure it's relatively clean, remove the 3M protective layer, and press the Brainwavz Truss in place with a bit of pressure. Done.

3M pads hold up the headphones well. I don't have particularly heavy headphones like Audeze, but I'm sure you can find the maximum load on the tape (3M publishes these things).

Final Thoughts

What can I say, it does what it's meant to do perfectly.Perfect for placing your headphones away giving a nice clean look to your desk.It's strong, secure, feels premium, doesn't damage your headphones and looks good while doing it. Installation is super simple, just wipe the surface of dust and stick the hangar in it's place.

Brainwavz makes some of the most convenient and well built headphone organizers in the market. These hangers are no exception. They're awesome for keeping headphones out of sight when not in use and within reach just under your work desk or listening station. Great product.

Last edited by testman78; 08-20-2017 at 09:29 AM.