Thread: Brainwavz Hooka

Xtreme Reviewer

Brainwavz Hooka

Introduction

A headphone stand or headphone hanger is not something many people will put thought into but when you have gear as expensive as it can be in the Audiophile headphone hobby simply chucking your perfect headphones in a drawer simply won't do. You need something better, something to keep them safe yet close to hand. You don't want to mess about with making DIY headphone stand or spend a fortune on a an elaborate stand solution. What about a better way to store your headphones, a headphone hanger perhaps?There are a whole bunch of options out there when it comes to headphone storage solutions, some DIY headphone stands have been made and others stands are paid for, both can range wildly in style and function.Enter the Brainwavz Hooka.Its a Headphone hanger for vertical surfaces.

Specifications.

Packaging & Bundle

First look at the box and it's a plain, tidy affair. Translucent plastic box, fair bit of weight in it too.The Hooka came in a small package, and didn't waste any space making it look bigger than it actually is.No screws or tools are requires for installation.

Despite that, I actually like the plastic packaging, and think it's fitting for the Hooka to come in that. It definitely looks more expensive that a $18 accessory, and looks nicer than packages I've received 3 times the price. Well done.

A Closer Look

Solid aluminum, and when I say solid, I mean solid. This headphone stand weighs over 125gr by itself.

Well design with no sharp edges.It feels nice in the hand. Good, simple yet solid construction.

Installation Process and Testing

The Hooka affixes onto any wall or surface using 3M VHB, a double sided acrylic foam tape that provides long term resistance to UV and temperature cycles and is used in a multitude of industries and applications.

The base of it is already pre-fitted with a thin spongy layer of 3M adhesive. It's the same super strong adhesive that GoPro uses, meaning it's tough as nails and more than capable of withstanding the weight of your headphones and the occasional tug.

Simply peel off the tape and firmly press the Hooka anywhere on a flat and relatively smooth surface for a few seconds and you're done. From my experience, you can hang your headphones on it right away since the adhesive is amazingly strong and reliable.

In case you do find that you need to remove the Hooka, using a hairdryer to heat the adhesive in order to soften it up should leave behind little to no residue - but will result in a relatively painless removal.

The raised tip will stop headphones falling off.

And yes, I actually did test the Hooka's flexibility and adhesive strength by using two large headphones with it for the past few days and the combined weight did not affect the adhesive integrity whatsoever. In fact, I even tried to intentionally pull down on the side of the hook to see if that would negatively affect its 3M adhesive, and thankfully the flexible nature of the material that the Hooka is made out of greatly reduces the amount of tension that is put on the base of the mount. Meaning this thing will not come off unintentionally no matter what.Brainwavz's Hooka is a neat little hanger that will help you music listeners keep the desk clean.

Conclusion

The Brainwavz Hooka is a well crafted headphone holder implicit of Brainwavz's expertise in crafting aluminum. This headphone Hanger was designed with headphone enthusiasts in mind, in both it's shape and it's functionality.The Hooka is a practical headphone desk hanger that is suitable for large or small headphones of almost any weight.This really is a must have accessory for anyone that spends a significant amount of time in front of a display working or playing using a pair of headphones.

The Hooka is well made, works well and the best part is the Hooka is currently under $18 right now. At that price I'm going to have to give a Well Done Award.If you're a headphone enthusiast/audiophile, then this is a Hanger you definitely want to consider.

Last edited by testman78; 06-30-2017 at 09:20 AM.