Thread: [News] AMD Announces Ryzen PRO Desktop Processors

[News] AMD Announces Ryzen PRO Desktop Processors

https://www.techpowerup.com/234750/a...top-processors

Following the global excitement generated by the launch of its new EPYC family of server processors, AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) today added another tier to its enterprise CPU portfolio with the introduction of AMD Ryzen PRO desktop processors. Designed to meet the demands of today's compute-intensive workplace, Ryzen PRO desktop processors will bring reliability, security, and performance to enterprise desktops worldwide.

"Today marks another important step in our journey to bring innovation and excitement back to the PC industry: the launch of our Ryzen PRO desktop CPUs that will bring disruptive levels of performance to the premium commercial market," said Jim Anderson, senior vice president and general manager, Computing and Graphics Group, AMD. "Offering a significant leap in generational performance, leadership multi-threaded performance, and the first-ever 8-core,16-thread CPU for commercial-grade PCs, Ryzen PRO provides a portfolio of technology choices that meet the evolving needs of businesses today and tomorrow." Ryzen PRO Lineup Delivering breakthrough responsiveness for the most demanding enterprise-class applications and multi-tasking workflows, the 'Zen' core in every Ryzen PRO processor provides up to 52 percent improvement in compute capability over the previous generation, and the Ryzen 7 PRO 1700 offers up to 62 percent more multi-threaded performance than select competing solutions.

What's the difference
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    What's the difference
    Was wondering the same thing myself? More price?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans de Vries View Post

JF-AMD posting: IPC increases!!!!!!! How many times did I tell you!!!

terrace215 post: IPC decreases, The more I post the more it decreases.
    .....}
    until (interrupt by Movieman)

Regards, Hans

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    What's the difference
    Best I can tell is cherry-picked silicon, enhanced encryption/security and remote management.

And, $$$, of course.

They seem to have vendors lined-up. I'm thinking the queue for the first, fancy Raven Ridge APUs starts here, too ...

Xtreme Monster
    What about the smt? Did they fix it?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I mean.. Ryzen does have ECC enabled and I think it also does have AES encryption dedicated I'm not sure its 128 bit though, how much is the price premium for the other stuff that 99% of the time I won't use?

Xtreme Addict
    No IGP with Ryzen pro

I wonder if they will release a pro chipset/mobo line
    lots and lots of cores and lots and lots of tuners,HTPC's boards,cases,HDD's,vga's,DDR1&2&3 etc etc all powered by Corsair PSU's

Xtreme Monster
    So no reply to my question, so it means ryzen v1 owners still have a broken cpu.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Metroid View Post
    So no reply to my question, so it means ryzen v1 owners still have a broken cpu.
    Dude I don't think anyone else is experiencing anything wrong with SMT... Maybe its your motherboard? BIOS? did you try to RMA?

Quote Originally Posted by Metroid View Post
    They found out their Ryzen cpus where under priced, so the best way to get more money out is by naming them Pro
    I might be wrong unless someone can point us to the difference between the nornal and the new pro

MAIN RIG--:
    ASUS ROG Strix XG32VQ---:AMD Ryzen 7 5800X--Aquacomputer Cuplex Kryos NEXT--:ASUS Crosshair VIII HERO---
    32GB G-Skill AEGIS F4-3000C16S-8GISB --:MSI RADEON RX 6900 XT---:X-Fi Titanium HD modded
    Inter-Tech Coba Nitrox Nobility CN-800 NS 800W 80+ Silver--:Cyborg RAT 8--:Creative Sound BlasterX Vanguard K08

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shocker003 View Post
    They found out their Ryzen cpus where under priced, so the best way to get more money out is by naming them Pro
    I might be wrong unless someone can point us to the difference between the nornal and the new pro
    Here:
    Quote Originally Posted by Anton Shilov from AnandTech
    "A superset to the standard Ryzen chips, the PRO chips have the same feature set as other Ryzen devices, but also offer enhanced security, 24 months availability, a longer warranty and promise to feature better chip quality."
    AMD Launches Ryzen PRO CPUs: Enhanced Security, Longer Warranty, Better Quality
    Richland 6790K @ 4.713 Ghz / 2208 NB / 1123 gpu / 2304 Ram [96 Bclk]
    F2A85-M Pro, Mushkin Black 2133, iGPU (8760D)
    9.7L case (excluding 230mm fan) or 11.6L w/2nd rad fan

Xtreme Monster
    Quote Originally Posted by Mk View Post
    Dude I don't think anyone else is experiencing anything wrong with SMT... Maybe its your motherboard? BIOS? did you try to RMA?

You should probably check the reviews then cause if you dont think smt is broken on ryzen then you might have built your own ryzen cpu with your own beliefs, mind and faith are a powerful thing.

I was about to buy around 15 ryzen cpus on day one then I checked the reviews, saw how broken the smt was then gave up, now hoping amd will do something about it on the next iteration.
    Last edited by Metroid; 07-02-2017 at 11:44 PM.

Brilliant Idiot
    Um i think it was sorted out quite a while ago.

The only real issue with ryzen is ccx latency but that is just the way it was designed.
    heatware chew*
    I've got no strings to hold me down.
    To make me fret, or make me frown.
    I had strings but now I'm free.
    There are no strings on me

Xtreme Mentor
    ccx latency is the thing that made me decide not to get a ryzen . Had my high expectations on ryzen but it even cat force intel to make a good price cut.

When i'm being paid i always do my job through.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    ccx latency is good with 3200Mhz+ RAM speed.
    honestly I dont get whats bad or disappointing and Ryzen and, I can't wait for threadripper.
    I meas intel 8 core for 599$ and 6 core for 390$? if you don't like Ryzen you should be happy its giving intel some competition we would not dream of those prices if not for Zen cores and AMD, my next build I'm almost sure its going to be Ryzen or Threadripper.

Brilliant Idiot
    Here is SMT off and on for you.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SMT off.jpg 
Views:	334 
Size:	235.3 KB 
ID:	132381

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SMT on.jpg 
Views:	299 
Size:	230.4 KB 
ID:	132382
    heatware chew*

@chew* ,can you do the same with my little Chess bench..link in signature,Thanks!
    -Core i9 7980XE @4,20Ghz Vcore:1,10V
    -Asrock X299 Taichi XE
    -Custom water-cooling loop
    -16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200Mhz
    -Samsung 970 evo Plus 500Gb
    -Samsung 960 evo 250Gb
    -Samsung 850 evo 500Gb
    -Samsung SH-S223Q
    -Asus RTX 2080 Dual OC
    -Cooler Master HAF 932
    -Seasonic Prime 1300W Gold

Test results are always welcome with this Chess Test where all your cores/threads will run @100% ,Thanks
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...=1#post5259523

Brilliant Idiot
    My system is running prime like 24/7. Dialing in settings for endusers. I just ran that off between boots working on 3466 settings. Its back running prime again.
    heatware chew*