Thread: [News] AMD Radeon RX Vega price will be 'excellent'

[News] AMD Radeon RX Vega price will be 'excellent'

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/58147/...ent/index.html

According to the Bits And Chips Twitter account, which tweeted: "Forget about VEGA in Enterprise market. Next AMD game changer will be NAVI (EPYC:CPU=NAVI:GPU). However, VEGA price will be excellent". I have personally heard that Navi will be a game changer from my own sources, but haven't heard anything about cheap pricing on Radeon RX Vega. This is because HBM2 isn't cheap, especially compared to GDDR5 that's used on the Radeon RX 500 series.

If AMD could price the GTX 1080 Ti competitor in the new Radeon RX Vega family at $499, this is a game changer. $599 and it better beat the GTX 1080 Ti and have a large amount of stock to sell against the $699+ on GTX 1080 Ti... but if there's only a few thousand, NVIDIA will continue to win because it has massive numbers of AIB partners with multiple GTX 1080 Ti models on the market already. $699 is the price of the GTX 1080 Ti, so AMD really can't price Radeon RX Vega here without shooting themselves in the foot.

However, there are multiple Radeon RX Vega graphics cards being launched, so maybe we're talking about the GTX 1080 competitor that AMD could price at $399. It could beat the GTX 1080 at 1080p and 1440p, but keep up with the GTX 1080 Ti (which is $699+) in 4K and above? This could leave the more expensive RX Vega handling 4K 60FPS in everything thanks to higher GPU and HBM2 clocks, and I'm guessing much more power - up to 300W. But I throw it to you: what do you think the GTX 1080 and GTX 1080 Ti competitors on Radeon RX Vega will be priced at? $399 and $599? $399 and $499? $499 and $899?

Xtreme Guru
    You and I both know that if Vega could contend with the 1080 Ti, it would be $599 to just undercut the Ti. No way a $399 part will be competitive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans de Vries View Post

JF-AMD posting: IPC increases!!!!!!! How many times did I tell you!!!

terrace215 post: IPC decreases, The more I post the more it decreases.
    .....}
    until (interrupt by Movieman)

Regards, Hans

Well, depends. Radeon 4870 vs GTX280 comes to mind. 4870 was just a little under the performance of the GTX280, but it was significantly cheaper. Heck, I got mine at around the $200 mark thanks to the ensuing price war the two had lol.
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    So, somebody wrote a "newspost" with nothing but speculation
    Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero