Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [News] AMD Radeon Vega Frontier for 1,199 USD [Update: Benchmark]

[News] AMD Radeon Vega Frontier for 1,199 USD [Update: Benchmark]

https://videocardz.com/70299/amd-rad...e-for-preorder

Two Vega cards are listed at Scan UK and Sabre PC: the air-cooled version and liquid version of Vega Frontier. Both are listed with the exact same specifications. The new part is 13.1 TFLOPs FP32 compute performance. In other words, Vega Frontier has GPU clock of 1600 MHz.

Both cards are equipped with 16GB HBM2 memory and Vega 10 GPU with 4096 Stream Processors. Frontier Edition has four display outputs: 3x DisplayPort and HDMI.

The Radeon Vega Frontier Liquid will be available for 1,799 USD / 1,656 GBP, while the air-cooled edition will retail at 1,199 USD / 1,140 GBP. Both models are in stock at one of the retailers.

AMD Radeon Pro Vega Frontier Edition Unboxed, Benchmarked
    Last edited by StyM; 06-28-2017 at 09:25 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Finally this suizz comes out so I get the Pascal TDP unlocker and oc my sht to hell.

OG https://www.sabrepc.com/amd-100-5060...hics-card.html

From what I know, the msrp is 550$ for 4096 cudas

amd 375W off the wall, impressive! it equals to Ti at 2300 @400w.
    Last edited by SinOfLiberty; 06-15-2017 at 07:07 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SinOfLiberty View Post
    Finally this suizz comes out so I get the Pascal TDP unlocker and oc my sht to hell.

OG https://www.sabrepc.com/amd-100-5060...hics-card.html

From what I know, the msrp is 550$ for 4096 cudas
    Same 16GB HBM model? Would strongly consider this card for that price..
    my mini-fridge
    MoBo: GA-EP45-UD3P | CPU: Q9550 3.6GHZ @ 1.216v | RAM: 4x1GB 900mhz @ 5-5-5-15 | GPU: GTX 460 900G/1800S/4400M | PSU: Corsair 750TX| HDD's: Seagate 320GB + 500GB, Samsung 1TB | Case: antec p180

Xtreme Member
    Vega one, not FE

Why buy it over 1080 is beyond me...

how much of that do you think the HBM2 is? no one is listing bulk yet.

Vega one, not FE

if you are doing compute work this would be many times quicker. if you were playing games i have no idea why you would buy it at $1100.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Member
    scramble that. price will be higher, most likely.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Already gone. They didn't last long.

Xtreme Guru
    Vega one, not FE

I might buy one just to sell it to the bitcoin miners. Bet you could get a hefty premium.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans de Vries View Post

JF-AMD posting: IPC increases!!!!!!! How many times did I tell you!!!

terrace215 post: IPC decreases, The more I post the more it decreases.
    .....}
    until (interrupt by Movieman)

Regards, Hans

Quote Originally Posted by AliG View Post
    I might buy one just to sell it to the bitcoin miners. Bet you could get a hefty premium.
    if it costs more than 2x 480 or the rx pro i dont see why they would want it.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Member
    Just gotta hold off till July to play with unlocked Pascal cards. FE, etc...

Just gotta hold off till July to play with unlocked Pascal cards. FE, etc...
    What's happening in July? Was the Pascal BIOS sig finally cracked?

Xtreme Member
    Oh, enthusiasts, AMD with up the sleeve surprise @400W off the watt. Quick, jump on it!

Xtreme 3D Team
    Oh, enthusiasts, AMD with up the sleeve surprise @400W off the watt. Quick, jump on it!
    Doubt it. 75+150+150 = <400

Air Vega FE 300w, MI25 300w, Liquid Cooled FE 375w
    I'm guessing 300w with performance between 1080 and 1080 Ti.
    Smile

Xtreme Member
    Wut...

Xtreme Member
    The thing is a power hog. It is also of its least concerns..

Xtreme Member
    If you have not noticed, there is a switch at the back of a card to allow a holy grail 400w tdp.

Xtreme 3D Team
    Wut...
    The thing is a power hog. It is also of its least concerns..
    If you have not noticed, there is a switch at the back of a card to allow a holy grail 400w tdp.
    Classy triple post.

You avoided a logical reply to my statements; it is impossible for this card to have a 400w TDP or TBP as it only has inputs supporting up to 375w. Of course, AMD could do the Polaris f*ck up again and pull too much power, but I highly doubt it. I'm not playing fanboy here, just being reasonable. Obviously 300w TDP with performance between 1080 and 1080 Ti (250w cards) isn't the most impressive, but that's what I'm expecting.

Are you talking about the switch to change the LED colors from red to blue and off?
    Smile

Xtreme Member
    It sux the reviews wont be out till July(August). Let alone the actual independent user reviews.

The switch was there for tdp, at least on an engi sample. Maybe they scrambled it and use soft mod. I am not aware of such detail, nor do I really care as I know everything there is about this crap.

Xtreme Member
    Some people are widely misinformed. The whole point of July review waiting is to demonstrate 1080Ti competitor @400w, that the aftermarket cards(after FE) will deliver.

Xtreme Member
    According to AMD official spec sheet, 850W power Supply for 1600mhz clock. Awful

Not if someone wasnt able to figure it out on his/her own.

And the programmable switch.
    Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition introduces “Gaming Mode”. This allows you to switch from Radeon™ Pro Settings to Radeon™ Settings where you can access gaming features for playtesting and performance optimization.
    Last edited by SinOfLiberty; 06-27-2017 at 06:43 AM.

Xtreme 3D Team
    According to AMD official spec sheet, 850W power Supply for 1600mhz clock. Awful

Not if someone wasnt able to figure it out on his/her own.

And the programmable switch.
    "Gaming Mode", as far as I know, switches the driver to a gaming-tuned driver optimization path versus professional compute optimization. This allows users to create games and assets on the Vega Frontier Edition, then play test them without needing a separate graphics card.

It does not change the card's TDP. Also, the earlier engineering boards with the TDP switch and USB inputs was completely different than the release boards.

No comment on the power supply reccomendation. NVIDIA does not even give a recommendation for their Quadro Products and is voluntarily running the PCI-E 8-pin 25w over spec on their current 250w TDP P6000 GPUs.
    Smile

Xtreme Member
    Dude, It needs this much to maintain this clock speed. How many times do I have to tell it? I know some people distrust those statements but there are sites like anandtech that already give you a baseline which aligns with what I say,

I mean, you can OC the card even further, but ~1700 to 1800 are heavy water/ln2 territory.

In terms of Power, for once I give a shиt and I calculate it: ~300 from cpu +400W from gpu +other stuff would easily equate to a high number of W`s.

You know, you remind me of the polar opposite of another guy on the forum. He says, "Wait and see everything will be totally awesome," and you say, "Wait and see everything will totally suck!!!"

Just because you say it over and over doesn't make it necessarily true.

No idea where you're getting the idea of a 300W CPU.

Whatever. I'm waiting for official, actual reviews and numbers when those are released, not some rants or raves from some random guys on the internet.
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme 3D Team
    Dude, It needs this much to maintain this clock speed. How many times do I have to tell it? I know some people distrust those statements but there are sites like anandtech that already give you a baseline which aligns with what I say,

I mean, you can OC the card even further, but ~1700 to 1800 are heavy water/ln2 territory.

In terms of Power, for once I give a shиt and I calculate it: ~300 from cpu +400W from gpu +other stuff would easily equate to a high number of W`s.
    No need for the "dude" and "how many times". Seriously.

I just explained to you the difference between "Gaming Mode" which gives you a consumer style Radeon Settings and sets driver optimization paths for gaming testing. This is a software setting. You just quoted this in your last post, right after "And the programmable switch" and that is what I was explaining. There is no "TDP Switch".

I told you what TDP was for Vega FE, this is clearly published. RX Vega has no specs released yet, so who knows if it needs 275w or 400w. There should be more than one variation of RX Vega cards.

I also explained that the FE cards have a TDP of 300w for the air card. The base clock is 1382 MHz with 1600 boost.

Quote Originally Posted by AMD
    The Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition graphics card supports unique power monitoring and management technologies, and has a maximum power consumption of 300 watts TDP board power (air cooled) or 375 watts (liquid cooled). AMD PowerTune technology dynamically optimizes GPU power usage and AMD ZeroCore Power technology significantly reduces power consumption at idle 2.
    The Frontier Edition cards don't even have solid reviews yet other than AMD supplied benchmarks, give it some time, sheesh. Since there is a 375w Liquid Cooled Vega FE then yeah I do expect a 375w variant for RX cards, but the current PCBs with 2x8 pin can not even input more than 375w, you would need 8+8+6.
    Smile

Xtreme Member
    And the reviews will show exactly what I say.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast