Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Intel's massive 18-core Core i9 chip

Quote Originally Posted by Vcc View Post
    So they just teased us... ;(
    Still good to see that they are going to unleash these "hidden monsters" from Intel's cage
    This is one way to put it. Or we can say that Intel never did plan this product in the first place and this was simply a reaction to Threadripper. They paperlaunched a product that won'T be on the market for the coming 6-8 month...it tells me that this is ver much an afterthought even if obviously Intel knew about TR a bt earlier than the public. BTW kudos for AMD to keeping TR secret for so long - probably everyone was so focused on the Ryzen AM4 platform that this one slipped in under the radars and probably no one took it seriously enough anyways.
    2 x ES Intel Xeon E5 2680v2 @8cores/16threads/25MB L3 cache @ 3,4 Ghz | Asus Z9PE-D8 WS | 6x4GB Kingston HyperX Predator | EVGA Geforce 980Ti HydroCopper @1350Mhz | HyperX 240GB PCi SSD boot + Samsung 840 SSD 2 x 256GB | 25 TB RAID5 (WD+Seagate) Dell T630 server | Corsair AXi1500 | CaseLabs SMA8 gunmetal - watercooling: 2 x EK Supreme LTX CPU + Nickel-Acetal full cover VGA | LG38UC99+Dell U3014 + 2 X Dell U2715

Quote Originally Posted by csatahajos View Post
    This is one way to put it. Or we can say that Intel never did plan this product in the first place and this was simply a reaction to Threadripper. They paperlaunched a product that won'T be on the market for the coming 6-8 month...it tells me that this is ver much an afterthought even if obviously Intel knew about TR a bt earlier than the public. BTW kudos for AMD to keeping TR secret for so long - probably everyone was so focused on the Ryzen AM4 platform that this one slipped in under the radars and probably no one took it seriously enough anyways.
    they kept TR quiet for so long since no one cared when we saw samples we assumed the new g platform. this kind of part is not new, amd has had dual cpu packages since like 2010, but they surprised us with a consumer/overclockable version. the interesting thing was the x399 branding since that would have got people interested over just replacing g34.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12