Thread: GTX1050Ti and 4K TV as monitor horrible mouse lug :(

GTX1050Ti and 4K TV as monitor horrible mouse lug :(

HI
    I have Samsung S-6 40" 4K tv as my monitor , GTX1050TI video card and Logitech G700s mouse, I have horrible mouse lug with normally winows 7 use and even worth when play any video file on the web or local.
    I am using HDMI2.0b so I can transfer 4K 3840x2160 x60frame +10bit +HDR =18.2Gbps and that very tight for the HDMI2 . Do you think its what cause my lug?

Will it be any better if ill upgrade to Windows 10 ? Is it better in terms of 4K setting?

Xtreme Addict
    Have you double checked you accidentally didn't set it to 30hz/interlaced mode?

I got win7 stuck that way myself the other day, I somehow perma screwed up the default pnp monitor driver when swapping back and forth over and over.
    I had to use the nvidia control panel to add a custom res to get 60hz back.
    Which I don't recommend..., it's likely when gaming it could go back to 30hz...

ANYWAYS.... ^^
    Double check your refresh rate, that's the 1st thing I can think of.

Another issue is that is a tv, not a monitor.
    And a 4k one at that.
    Tv's have extra input lag because that add processing to the screen, like frame doubling or the gui, sharpness controls..., etc.
    If possible, disable stuff on the tv to try to get it to run faster, say for example it has 5 diff picture modes, and 2 of then grey/lock out a bunch of controls, it's likely those presets will have these features actually disabled in software and it may not lag as much, think light boost for ex..., in that mode you don't have any controls either...

4k right now is slow, especially at bigger screen sizes.
    It takes a nice board in them to do anything.
    As the future goes on they'll get better and less laggy.

Also anyways, you're not running 10bit mode most of the time anyways, so I wouldn't worry about that.
    The only os that has partial support for 10bit in the os it's self, is linux/unix derivatives, and that mode is pretty borked anyways for 24/7 usage.

Win10 isn't gonna help much I think... :\

You gotta remember that tv's only need to handle ntsc/pal formats (ie they're advertised for football, not work...).
    They can be spec'ed for progressive scan, 240 fps, 10bit uhd-hdr up the wazoo.
    But they can get away tons of frame time latency.

1000 ms (1 sec) / 240 fps = 4.167 ms
    1000 ms (1 sec) / 144 fps = 6.94 ms
    1000 ms (1 sec) / 120 fps = 8.3 ms
    1000 ms (1 sec) / 60 fps = 16.67 ms
    1000 ms (1 sec) / 50 fps = 20 ms
    1000 ms (1 sec) / 30 fps = 33.3 ms <---- this is potentially your tv with all it's settings on...
    1000 ms (1 sec) / 25 fps = 40 ms
    1000 ms (1 sec) / 24 fps = 41.67 ms

My roomate/buddy is using a 40in 1080p tv.
    And it's ok, but it's not a web tv... ^^

I'm personally on a 40in 4k 10bit "Monitor"... ^^

Edit:

Dude...
    I don't know the exact model you actually have but, if you have a smart tv, you are kinda out of luck, maybe...
    If anything, if it has something called, smart motion or motion whatever, turn it off.

ALSO...
    Is your vga card actually hdmi 2.0?
    Oh it is a 1050ti though, so I assume it does...
    Last edited by NEOAethyr; 05-30-2017 at 02:04 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    I'm sitting here bored so I went looking to find your tv online.
    Again I don't know which one it actually is.

On samsung's site right now, they have these 40in's:
    KU6300
    KU7000
    MU7000
    MU6300

All of them are up to par current gen except one, the MU6300.
    I'm pretty sure the others have hdr.
    The MU6300 could be the one that I'm seeing onsale at bestbuy and such, I dn.
    That 1's a last gen, should of never been, tv :\.

Anyways, I have some ideas that may help a little.
    Set the aspect ratio to soemthign other then auto, try 1:1 1st, if that doesn't work out then 16:9.
    1:1 should bypass the tv's software scaler.
    If the tv has a decent edid, 1080p will hardware scale anyways, my monitor does for some reason so I'm assuming....

If you have an older monitor at 1080p, you can upscale it to 4k on the desktop using nvidia control panel.
    I think it was called super resolution or something.
    And that way you could check lag on a diff screen using the same hardware setup using 4k, just a diff monitor.

If there's a "gaming mode", depending on what it actually does, it may help, or it just may be a useless color/brightness / etc preset.

And again, if there is any motion whatever settings, turn them off and see if that helps.
    And check to see if you aren't at 30hz like I said in my previous post.
    Even that shouldn't cause input lag really, it's just low framerate.

One ? begs to be answered here, is the 1050ti just to weak?
    The 1050ti has 4gb of mem, fine for desktop use at 4k.
    Clocks at 1300-1400mhz, fine...

.... ^^
    768 cores, 128bit memory.
    Could be your card dude.
    My 680 had a hard time, but struggled along with my desktops, win7 and linux.
    It did it but it didn't like it.
    You card is half that.
    I'm willing to bet you are hitting almost 90% gpu usage at the desktop (check with hwinfo32 or msi afterburner).

Also what is your cpu?
    Last edited by NEOAethyr; 05-30-2017 at 04:46 PM.

Wow thanks a lot for the detailed reply.

So yes pc is set to 60hz and the my TV SAMSUNG 40KU6270 smart TV recognize the 60hz (label show on top when turning on)..

I did tried all different setting on the TV and there is many combination to play with that sometime i get lost, I found that Auto motion as you mention does effect the lug but still there is lug.
    I actually very like the auto motion ON its make video looks more realistic.
    Your table show 16ms (1000 ms (1 sec) / 60 fps = 16.67 ms) for my setup but i deferentially not getting that low i think im more around the 100-200ms

As for the input i set it as 'gaming' because only that way i could enable HDR

Before i upgraded my TV I had 32" 1080P Samsung TV and it worked perfect with no mouse lug .

HWinfo32:

http://imgur.com/a/J4rCC

Xtreme Addict
    Did you ever figure anything out?
    Sorry I've been away for a while from the forum.

set you mouse dpi to the appropriate setting for 4k.

Xtreme Addict
    StyM, wish you would of said that earlier...
    Would of saved me a min, whatever...

Hmm, almost back to my old post count I think.