Thread: Hackers threaten fifth Pirates of the Caribbean film release

Hackers threaten fifth Pirates of the Caribbean film release

http://hexus.net/business/news/inter...-film-release/

Disney film studios has been hacked with some of its latest unreleased films swiped by cyber criminals. The hackershave their eye on financial gains, as you might expect, and have thus threatened to release films across the internet unless a ransom is paid.
    Disney CEO, Bob Iger, told employees and reporters about the hack and subsequent threats yesterday. Iger didn't mention any particular film title but Deadline reports that it is the fifth Pirates of the Caribbean film, Dead Men Tell No Tales. The official USA and UK cinema premiere release date for the film is set for 26th May.

Apparently the hackers told Disney that the film they had purloined would be released around the internet in handy 20 minute chunks unless/until it was paid off. Bitcoin was the currency of choice. Iger signalled that Disney isn't going to pay up.

Xtreme Addict
    Disney didn't pay up, and the hackers never released the film either .
    Which bummed me out, I wanted to see it like I saw the 1st wolverine film, in the incomplete post production phase.
    You can learn a lot by watching films like that...

Which like I said, really bummed me out that those hackers would puss out.
    I just want that copy lol, I'de rather get the chance to see that then see it completed at the theaters, because if I really liked it I could just buy the uhd-hdr blueray.

Come on hackers..., release it..., you know you wanna ^^ .
    If anything, if they wait until after the bdr comes out, it'll to hard to find through the mess.

Hell, the film has been out a month in china before it even premiered in la/usa...