Thread: [News] Lian Li Announces the PC-T70 Open-Bench Chassis

[News] Lian Li Announces the PC-T70 Open-Bench Chassis

https://www.techpowerup.com/233356/l...-bench-chassis

Lian-Li Industrial Co. Ltd is eager to announce the PC-T70 test bench. After productive collaboration, taking feedback from high-end PC hardware reviewers, Lian Li sought to create a test bench that could both provide unhindered access for enthusiasts who want to rapidly swap hardware, and those who like to use their test benches as a workstation. Lian Li's latest test bench is its most flexible yet - a sleek, minimal platform for easy hardware swapping, with an optional kit that encloses the bench with radiator mounts and an acrylic cover.

"Testing on an open bench requires careful planning, else it leads to misguided results. Most gamers have closed cases, affecting thermal, acoustic, and even performance results compared to exposed hardware. I'm working to represent that more accurately. While my measurements are easier to collect, more applicable, and completely objective, it was the close cooperation with Lian Li that helped move this project forward. The closed case gave me the platform I've been needing, and that readers have been asking for, to facilitate more realistic reviews." - Igor Wallossek - Senior Contributing Editor Tom's Hardware.

The PC-T70, including the T70-1 option kit is now available at Newegg for $189.99.

Xtreme Addict
    How the hell did Lian Li steal my design/build I did nearly 15 years ago which would surely be a worth $$$ ................................if I'd have patented my build
    lots and lots of cores and lots and lots of tuners,HTPC's boards,cases,HDD's,vga's,DDR1&2&3 etc etc all powered by Corsair PSU's

$190 they must be smoking something.
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    $190 they must be smoking something.
    Lian Li cases have always been expensive. People use to pay the premium because there weren't many alternatives if you wanted an internal water cooler or phase change unit - but today there's so many options (and no one uses phase anymore) that there's not much incentive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans de Vries View Post

JF-AMD posting: IPC increases!!!!!!! How many times did I tell you!!!

terrace215 post: IPC decreases, The more I post the more it decreases.
    .....}
    until (interrupt by Movieman)

Regards, Hans

Nursing Student -or- Beta Testing Escape From Tarkov
    I seriously considered buying this for my next desk:

Link

Totally overpriced and a bit over the top as for desks goes...but they don't call this XtremeSystems for nothing
    Intel Core i7 7700K | MSI Z270 XPOWER G.T. | EVGA 1080Ti SC2 | 16GB DDR4 G.Skill Trident Z 3200 | Samsung S27A950D | 3 x Samsung 850 EVO (250GB, 2 x 2TB) | EVGA Supernova P2 1200w | Coolermaster Cosmos II

Xtreme Member
    As mentioned above, Lian Li stuff used to be really nice. If you wanted cooler temps, stronger chassis and drool worthy brushed aluminium, they were the place to go.

But back then cases were usually far from perfect, there would be something blocking access somewhere or nowhere for cable management. They were quite far from what they were today. I agree that even though they make quality products and their design is up there in terms of looks, the prices are just a bit too much when compared to the how far the competition has come.

That said, how often do you buy a case once you get one that you like?
    A good case can last yeeeaaaaaarrs, so is worth a bit of investment.
    Core i7 7700K| ASUS Z270F | 16Gb DDR4 | GTX1080Ti | Watercooled CPU+GPU | 512GB 950Pro
    So why is it customary to post specs in sigs anyway?