Thread: [News/Rumor] Trio of AMD Vega ref cards to be released 5th June [Update: CompuBench]

[News/Rumor] Trio of AMD Vega ref cards to be released 5th June [Update: CompuBench]

http://hexus.net/tech/news/graphics/...h-june-report/

A new report claiming to be based upon "very reliable sources within AMD?s Headquarters," says that AMD will release three enthusiast RX Vega graphics card SKUs on 5th June. A few days earlier, at its press conference on 31st May, at Computex, AMD will launch these graphics cards, alongside information about its HEDT Ryzen processors.

Tech site Digiworthy is claiming to have the scoop on a trio of AMD RX Vega graphics cards launching to go head-to-head against Nvidia's top GeForce gaming cards. The AMD RX Vega Core ($399), RX Vega Eclipse ($499), and RX Vega Nova ($599) are calculating assassins aiming to take out the Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070, GTX 1080, and GTX 1080 Ti respectively. AMD's new RX Vega line will be priced to be exciting alternatives to their Nvidia rivals while providing similar or better performance says Digiworthy.
    In GPUs AMD is not a natural 'value' player, so we won't be surprised that it doesn't undercut Nvidia pricing to be attractive to enthusiasts. In this way it's not going to be like the Ryzen CPU launches. However, we can still hope for better performance than the respective rival targets - these are AMD's 'latest and greatest' after all, and Nvidia isn't going to sit still with its own refinements and developments.

Despite the leak's 'very reliable' AMD HQ source, we don't get much in the way of tech details this time around. Perhaps the leak comes from a department close to retail like the marketing or PR dept.

Remember to take this kind of unconfirmed information with a pinch of salt or two. The true AMD RX Vega facts, tech details, availability and pricing info, and even independent hardware reviews should be available before Q2 2017 is out.

Xtreme Guru
    Those prices suggest performance somewhere between the 1080 and 1080 Ti.

I really question whether it was worth waiting for HBM2, or if they should have panned the idea for enterprise only and scrambled a GDDR5X based design quickly onto the market as a stop-gap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans de Vries View Post

JF-AMD posting: IPC increases!!!!!!! How many times did I tell you!!!

terrace215 post: IPC decreases, The more I post the more it decreases.
    .....}
    until (interrupt by Movieman)

Regards, Hans

Xtreme Mentor
    ok now this looks good and if 1080ti rival is not dual gpu then it is amazing...

When i'm being paid i always do my job through.

Xtreme Mentor
    16gb seems like dual gpu 64 stream processors seems like single...

When i'm being paid i always do my job through.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by kromosto View Post
    16gb seems like dual gpu 64 stream processors seems like single...
    Probably a PRO card.
    Intel 5960X@4.2Ghz[Prime stable]@4.5 [XTU stable] 1.24v NB@3.6ghz Asrock X99 Extreme 3 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance@3200 16-17-17
    Sapphire nitro+ VEGA 56 Samsung SSD 850 256GB Crucial MX100 512GB HDD:WD10TB WD:8TB Seagate8TB

I'll take a swing at it.

MD RX Vega Core ($399) -- 56 CUs, air-cooled, HBM1
    RX Vega Eclipse ($499) -- 56 CUs, air/water(?), HBM2
    RX Vega Nova ($599) -- 64 CUs, water-cooled, HBM2

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by AbortRetryFail? View Post
    I'll take a swing at it.

HBM1 seems less likely, but I think you're onto something with the Eclipse vs Nova variants.

My guess is Vega Core ends up being 56 CUs, air cooled and downclocked due to thermals (i.e. it's a part designed to clear inventor that failed binning).
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans de Vries View Post

JF-AMD posting: IPC increases!!!!!!! How many times did I tell you!!!

.....}
    until (interrupt by Movieman)

Regards, Hans

Quote Originally Posted by AliG View Post
    HBM1 seems less likely, but I think you're onto something with the Eclipse vs Nova variants.

My guess is Vega Core ends up being 56 CUs, air cooled and downclocked due to thermals (i.e. it's a part designed to clear inventor that failed binning).
    AMD put a lot of effort into HBM1, and even with 4GB and higher resolutions (and DX12), the Fury / Fury-X can go toe-to-toe with the GTX 1070 in a good many titles.

Maybe even a few DX11 ones

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Man I hope the Nova isn't watercooled. I have no idea where I would put the rad on this case. Maybe the 5 1/4" drive bay, but right now it's cluttered with front panel cable spam.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by AbortRetryFail? View Post
    I'll take a swing at it.

2x 4hi stacks of HBM1 would only be 2Gb...
    Originally Posted by motown_steve
    Every genocide that was committed during the 20th century has been preceded by the disarmament of the target population. Once the government outlaws your guns your life becomes a luxury afforded to you by the state. You become a tool to benefit the state. Should you cease to benefit the state or even worse become an annoyance or even a hindrance to the state then your life becomes more trouble than it is worth.

Once the government outlaws your guns your life is forfeit. You're already dead, it's just a question of when they are going to get around to you.